ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Pizza near Chicago on 8/17!

Trevor is going early to get us a good table.

Yeah, Wednesday, see you then!

Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    Trevor is going early to get us a good table.

Yeah, Wednesday, see you then!
    haha! yeah, thanks I meant Wednesday.

Ciao!

<---digging through box to find battery charger for camera battery that hasn't been charged in ... ummm ... (months) ...
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

drg

Its A Conspiracy!

- note it's the Crystal Lake location we'll be at, not Elgin!
    Just that much further away! Not that would change the fact that I'm spending much of this week way south in Illinois (or west) and six hours driving each way for pizza seem a tad excessive. And gas at 'gulp' $3 is getting ridiculous. Now if it was Pal Joey's pizza I might reconsider. . .

Nope, still got work.

I had mentioned in an earlier 'get together' post about some ideas for November (which usually is very open) including non-Loop activities. Just don't make it for October as I'm going to be back east for a couple of weeks. Then I'd know. . . the world is out to get me.

Sorry for the paranoid rant but work has doubled (maybe even some esoteric polynomial expansion) in quantity including shooting a wedding that I wouldn't have done but a very ill photog friend called at 11pm on Friday night two week back and said HELP! It went down hill from there.

Have fun and hope to meet some (or all) soon. And do take cameras.

-Carleton dr g
    CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

When it rains, it pours, eh?

For the last few years, the Chicago gathering has always been the second or third weekend of November but we'll set that date soon. This way we could have a blizzard or a nice day at the beach - life in Northern IL...

Hope you can make it!

Hope you guys have fun with the pizza night. I'm heading north around the lake to a rally in northern Michigan (Interlochen) or I would be there.
    ----------------------------

Pentax Forum Moderator

Well all...I've already cancelled, but the reason was because I had to be on standby for the birth of my grandson, and it looks like I was clairvoyant. She's in active labor, they broke her water about 30 ago, so it looks like #7 should be here anytime now. If he gets here before the get together, I'll try to post a first pic so everyone can have a slice on him. Everyone have fun tonight. Sorry I'm gonna miss it.
    Ken

Ghost

What a great night! It was so much fun to meet those I you I hadn't met yet and to see some familiar faces.

I started off the day perfectly! I got there an HOUR EARLY thinking we were supposed to meet at 6 for some reason. So I drank a couple beers at the bar while wondering if I was at the right pizza place At least the bartender was cute, but I'm such a bad judge for age. She may have been 30, or maybe she was 35? I dunno, but she was kinda cute and accepted my old expired California drivers license (ask Sebastian if you wanna know)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ghost

An hour later people started showing up. I was wondering why they took so dang long and they explained to me that the time was supposed to be 7, not 6. I called them liars. This particular liar is Steve. Here he is thinking of his next lie...

Ghost

Sebastian thinks it's funny to take photos of me. I think he should point the camera elsewhere.

Ghost

Mike is cool, I'd show the photo of his girlfriend Amy but then she'd hate me forever and I'm hoping they'll eventually invite me for a bike ride Flash under the face is always a good choice, don't let anyone tell you otherwise as they clearly don't know what they're talking about.

Ghost

Three peas in a pod.

(sorry, that's all I got)

Ghost

I didn't actually take this photo, and from the looks of it I'm glad. I think the photographer was just cursed from those eyes.

I know what Adina was thinking though, "What am I doing here?"

After evaluating this photo, I find myself wondering "How did such beautiful children spawn from such a demon?" Oh boy, now I did it!!!! Adina, I hope the short time we conversed was enough for you to detect my sense of humor!!

Ghost

Sebastian is evil. That's all.

Actually, he liked this one...(and so do I to be honest). It's from a mirror. The place was dark so you'll have to deal with the funny exposures.

Ghost

That's me trying to look mad. I find it interesting how I hold the telephone receiver. How do you hold a telephone receiver? My hand is banging the box because I'm mad....or something.

Notice the lack of resemblance to my avatar.

If you were paying attention, you might be asking youself how I managed to take this photo.

Ghost

Sebastians not mad, he's just straight up Polish gansta!!!

Uh-oh, now you guys know how that photo was taken. Dang, and I thought I was so clever.

Ghost

The table (clockwise); Steve, Michael, Amy, Kelly, Adina, (forgot!), Ed (I believe), my seat, Sebastian, John.

I must say that my meal was delicious!!!!!

Ghost

The moose head, and a few more attractive specimens Although for some reason I don't think either if these two beautiful ladies will like the fact that I used the word "specimen" to describe them.

I wonder what Mr. Moose would say if we could hear him. I could have swore I saw his lips move while I was eating my sammich.

Ghost

Thanks everyone, it was a very fun night. I was especially excited about meeting Mike, his girlfriend Amy, and Adina. It was great seeing Steve and Kelly again. Kelly, keep me updated on your progress. Mike, lay off the computer a few days out of the week. Amy, convince Mike that he needs a new riding buddy. Adina, you're really cool! I didn't know we were so close in age. Sebastian, I'll email you Friday. Thanks to Steve for organizing this gathering and thanks to everyone else for coming!!!

So what's the best thing about the evening? For me, it would have to be the fact that one fellow photographer thought my avatar was actually me I wish!!!

Goodnight and thanks all for showing up!

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Hey everyone, I had a great time last night! I'm a little tired this morning tho, but it was worth it. We made it home about 12:15am, and the alarm went of at 4:15am... I had a nice battle with the snooze button till about 5:00, then I had to finally admit defeat and crawled out of bed. It was great to finally get to put some faces with the names I have gotten to know over the last year or so.

Trev, I love the pics. I'm deffinetly going to try the flash under the face trick, once I get a flash. I'm glad you posted the mirror pic, I really wanted to see how that turned out. I will write some more after work. No, make that after my afterwork nap...
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Well it took me a little longer to get home than I thought, as I took a scenic detour that added an hour to my trip. My darling husband was not pleased when I woke him with a phone call for some directions.

I had a really great time as well, it was nice to see everyone again, and meet some new people as well. I don't have any photos, though.

And for anyone who has never met Trevor, oh my god, can that boy dance!!!
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    That's how rumors get started. Oh, wait, it's true!

Good to see everybody again and meet some new people! Mike, not only did I not know you had that long of a drive but that's rough that you had to get up so early. The word of the day is "caffeine"... Got a couple that I'll post tonight.

Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    I do a wicked robot. They called my "Tron" back in the day.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Mike, not only did I not know you had that long of a drive but that's rough that you had to get up so early. The word of the day is "caffeine"...
    I didn't mind the late night, and the early morning wasn't that bad. After an hour or so of work, I was wide awake and ready to go. Tomrrow will be a dif. story tho. It always hits me hardest on the 2nd day. I was a little tempted with some caffeine this morning, but I haven't had a soda, in over 10 years, and I can't stand the taste of coffee. The only way I can drink it is if I have enuf crap in it, that I can't taste coffee.

We took a bit of a senic route home last night as well, but it was actually a little quicker than going back to the tollway.

Adina, and Kelly, sorry I didn't get a chance to chat with you more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pizza near Chicago on 8/17!-000_0750.jpg   Pizza near Chicago on 8/17!-000_0751.jpg   Pizza near Chicago on 8/17!-000_0757.jpg   Pizza near Chicago on 8/17!-000_0758.jpg  
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Couple more for the collection...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information