ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Photos from First Wedding

Well here they are the photos from the wedding I did on Sunday. They are better than I expected but not as good as I hoped for. This first one is something I will probably make into a 8x10 to give them as a gift.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photos from First Wedding-btj.jpg  
    If every morning when you wake your goal is to straighten out people, you probably should be a funeral director. - Charles Lowery

That's nice! The only thing I noticed is I wish the circle hands in the top left corner was feathered into the rest of the photo more. I see it would be a difficult blend but I think the sharp edges of the circle give it a bit of an amateur look. I'm sure you were battling the feathering cutting into the hands too much, hey? But I think if you worked with it some more you could get it a little softer...

I am glad you noticed that I missed it. I'll try to feather it in more.

Edited to add revised photo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photos from First Wedding-btj.jpg  
    Last edited by Stina; 07-14-2004 at 01:38 PM.
    If every morning when you wake your goal is to straighten out people, you probably should be a funeral director. - Charles Lowery

More photos
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photos from First Wedding-0002223-r1-018-7a_1.jpg   Photos from First Wedding-0002223-r1-014-5a_3.jpg   Photos from First Wedding-0002223-r1-028-12a_2.jpg   Photos from First Wedding-0002223-r1-066-31a_2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Stina
    They are better than I expected but not as good as I hoped for.
    I think it's probably good to feel this way. You did a nice job, don't get me wrong - but you'll always be your own most demanding critic. Should be that way, you don't want to fall into the "well, it's good enough" trap. So - are you going to do another one??

& a few more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photos from First Wedding-alter.jpg   Photos from First Wedding-ring.jpg   Photos from First Wedding-kiss.jpg   Photos from First Wedding-j-b.jpg  

A friend of the bride son is getting married and ask me about doing the photos at his wedding but I don't know If this is something I want to (or am good enough) to do again.

Quote Originally Posted by Stina
    A friend of the bride son is getting married and ask me about doing the photos at his wedding but I don't know If this is something I want to (or am good enough) to do again.
    Has the friend seen these? If they saw them and then asked, then they think you are good enough. If they asked because they saw you shooting, then you'd probably want to put together some samples to show them before you commit.

I like the b&w best.

adina
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

The friend just saw me taking pictures and ask about me doing the wedding for them. I did tell her that this was my first wedding to photograph and did not know if I would do more but that she could call me later and she could see the photo from this wedding and discuss it.

I delivered the photos to the bride yesterday and she seemed very happy with them and some of her coworkers really like the photo collage I did. I feel much better knowing that SHE is happy with the photos.

Thread Information