ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Wedding photos

Wedding photos

Here are a couple wedding photos from a wedding where Sebastian was shooting with me.

Had a great time. Just got back from a 5 day conference so these are a quick pick.

Dennis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wedding photos-photo-rev.jpg   Wedding photos-photo-rev2.jpg   Wedding photos-photo-rev3.jpg  
    "Foolish consistency is the hobgobblin of little minds." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

I really like...

...the reportage style you guys are using. To me, one who has become bored to tears with traditionally posed wedding shots, it's like a breath of fresh air.

I realize this is the "thing" now, and like many styles, may soon be overdone, but IMO it does a better job of truely capturing the fun and joy of what a wedding day is suppose to be.

The best part is, even if you shoot the same way each time, the shots will be fairly unique because the personalities of the people involved will be different.

-Steve

Quote Originally Posted by dsl712
    Here are a couple wedding photos from a wedding where Sebastian was shooting with me.

Had a great time. Just got back from a 5 day conference so these are a quick pick.

Dennis
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Thanks Steve,

I have always enjoyed your work and respected your opinion so I appreaciate any feedback.

We are missing you in Chicago. Sebastian is coming over for a BBQ today (Sunday). I'm gathering about 10 professional wedding, fashion photogs for a gathering at my place.

When are you getting your site back up? I need to inspiration when I practice in studio.

Dennis
    "Foolish consistency is the hobgobblin of little minds." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Been working like a dog on it...

Dennis,

The Asylum should be live again by next week. I haven't been able to redesign as much as I'd like to, but there is a lot of new stuff. If I'm happy with everything, I'll probably make an announcement soon...
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

I just wish I would have been able to take my own wedding photos, they came out BORING. It was the same old stuff, the photographers were taking photos the whole time, but we never ended up with anything that was fun like what you have done here. Great work!!!!!!
    Dive naked things look bigger underwater!!!!!

Great Shots Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by dsl712

Dennis

It looks like a good time was had by all. I really like the second shot. Her smile is awesome!

And I love the third shot. The black and white is fitting, the composition is incredible - her looking through the doorway, and the clock on the wall, it all comes together to tell a story. Thanks for sharing these.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Just trying to get caught up - I was gone for a couple of days...

Nice work, especially shot #3! Very cool composition, off center and very vertical! Don't know if you shot this in B&W, but that would have been my choice for a shot like this too.

I've been interested in seeing what you shot that day. I think the two of you complement each other - although based only on seeing a couple of shots. You both see differently and because of that, come back with different shots. Works well.

Thread Information