ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Photos from Atlanta Aquarium

These are a few shots from the Atlanta Aquarium that my wife and I visited last week, Jeff

The third shot has some yellow sea horses in it and the last shot is a Dragon Fish. All were taken with my new Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 lens on my Nikon D7000
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photos from Atlanta Aquarium-dsc_6310.jpg   Photos from Atlanta Aquarium-dsc_6319.jpg   Photos from Atlanta Aquarium-dsc_6345.jpg   Photos from Atlanta Aquarium-dsc_6394.jpg  
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

GB1

Re: Photos from Atlanta Aquarium

The 3rd down has some wonderful color. That dragonfish is crazy-looking.. like an underwater anteater.
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Nice work Jeff you really brought out the color.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Sony DSC-HX100V help for a beginner

Awesome pics! :thumbsup:

New to the forum, just wanted to say hello to everyone. I am a total amateur and just bought a Sony DSC-HX100V and am enjoying playing with it. It is pretty high tech for me, I'm used to my Sony point and shoot (DSC-W200). Was wondering if anyone out there can help me with tips, advice, ideas on how to use this camera. Any advice would be totally appreciated. I'm located in the Chicago area and am also looking for people to go out and shoot with me sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by JulietNoel35 View Post
    Awesome pics! :thumbsup:

New to the forum, just wanted to say hello to everyone. I am a total amateur and just bought a Sony DSC-HX100V and am enjoying playing with it. It is pretty high tech for me, I'm used to my Sony point and shoot (DSC-W200). Was wondering if anyone out there can help me with tips, advice, ideas on how to use this camera. Any advice would be totally appreciated. I'm located in the Chicago area and am also looking for people to go out and shoot with me sometime.
    Welcome to PR! So we don't highjack this thread, why don't you start another in the Viewfinder forum. That's sort of like the Lounge around here. - Terry
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Excellent photos. The Dragonfish is great!

Phil

Liz

Jeff,

Wow! Great shots - all of them. Beautiful colors.....I absolutely love that Dragonfish. This is the first time I have ever heard of or seen a fish like this. Quite interesting to say the least. What are the various "tentacles" used for? It is a beautiful fish.

Liz

I very much appreciate everyone's comments about my pictures. I think I am still getting the hang of this new lens. It may just be the glass that I was shooting through that caused me to get a lot of throw away photos. Some were good and some were just plain soft. I just received this lens so I am still checking it out. Thanks again for your comments, Jeff

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Dragon fish is quite an odd specimen!

In my experience shooting in the aquarium it like tossing a loaded coin, many shots do not come out sharp enough due to many reasons, window reflections, dirty windows, camera shake, to low a speed for moving fish, or too high ISO and a lot of noise.

You shot at quite low speeds on a couple of them , hand held ? I suppose they are , just saw on the web that the lens has OS

Whenever I get a new lens it takes me a few weeks to get used to it and really start to get some decent results because, by then, I know the advantages and disadvantages of the particular lens.

Hi,

This is my first post here. Nice images! I live in Georgia and will be visiting the Georgia Aquarium for the first time next Wednesday. Yep, I'll have my Canon DSLR gear in tow!

Mish

I'm a newbie here. Love these pics, especially the 3rd down. The vibrant colours are divine!

Thanks to all for stopping by, taking a look, and leaving your comments, Jeff

Thread Information