ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

The person you love most of all

For my youngest, it is her big sister. She trys so hard to keep up, and to do everything just like her. And my oldest is so good with her, helping her when she can't quite do it, and encouraging to keep trying. Not technically perfect, but it is so them.

adina
    Last edited by adina; 04-04-2006 at 10:03 AM.

It's hurricane season... again...

awwww

That is so sweet! I wish I could get a shot of my girls like that! Nice photos, make sure and have them enlarged and hung somewhere!

Adina...I'm being perfectly serious here...I think your series of pics would make a wonderful coffee table book, they are that good. Lots of love in front of ... and behind the camera. :-)

1st one

Wow, I love the first shot! Sooo lovely. The second is cute too, but the older sister appears to be trying to extract herself from the younger sister's hug. Not that there is anything wrong with that - it's a great moment you've caught.

Spike

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    For my youngest, it is her big sister. She trys so hard to keep up, and to do everything just like her. And my oldest is so good with her, helping her when she can't quite do it, and encouraging to keep trying. Not technically perfect, but it is so them.

adina

Wow, Charles, thank you. That is one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me, photographic-wise. I am really working to get photos that are "them" not just look like them, if you get what I mean.

Speed, yeah, she's trying to get away in that last one. And it's not so much a hug as she's trying to knock her over, which would be why she's laughing so hard.

Heres two more from then. I wish the light was a little more even across the faces, but now I know for next time to pay more attention to that. I was trying so hard not to get big hotspots across the faces, that I missed it when it when dark.

Thanks

adina
    Last edited by adina; 04-04-2006 at 10:03 AM.

It's hurricane season... again...
    More sweet photos! I love the first one, it's precious!

Not technically perfect, but it is so them.
    Your shots here bolster my opinion that great expressions, relaxed subject having fun and the shutter release pressed at the right moment beat out technically perfect anyday! Excellent work, really!!

Agree...

These images just ooze expression, happiness, and emotion ... who cares about exposure, DOF, etc. Great work, Adina .... and I would line up to buy the book. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    Your shots here bolster my opinion that great expressions, relaxed subject having fun and the shutter release pressed at the right moment beat out technically perfect anyday! Excellent work, really!!

Book or no book...

Book or no book, what these photographs will mean to you and to these two beautiful young ladies in a few years is absolutly priceless. Your images are always beautifully done and full of love, they are a pleasure to veiw. Thanks for sharing them with all of us.

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Touching

Beautiful photos, beautiful little girls.
    My sister wishes I was such a good older sister as your daughter!
    Keep up the good work!

Megan

Liz

Photography

Adina,

These are truly beautiful images. I agree with what everyone has said about your photographs.

For me personally, your photographs are what photography is all about. You've captured what is in your heart, within the frames of your images. I love viewing them, and I learn from them. I especially like the b&w format you use. Your children are very secure and loved, and it comes across in your images.

Thanks for sharing them here.

Liz

adina

I really love the look

and style of the shots you take of the girls...they really are beautiful.

the second one has that "special" love hate thing going on. I love you but I hate when you grab on me...he he...

I would love to have you post even more shots...they have such a wonderful nostalgic feel to them...you coming to NY????
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Good stuff Adina. No need rehashing everything that's already been said.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

had I scrolled further down

before responding...I would have seen some more...this are wonderful ...what kinda light? window and anything else?
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Just about everything I know, I've learned here

So I really appreciate when you all take the time to comment. This is the first photography site I found, and the one I've stuck with the longest. So thank you.

Natalie, not coming to New York, although it sounds fun. I've got parent helper days and dance recitals coming up. No time for trips until summer vacation. Also, everything is window light. Trying to figure out the light I have, before I add more. But I am looking at a flash, sometime in the next few months.

adina

Damn girl

Adina,

Your style is really developing. I feel like I can pick out one of your pictures from a group. That 10D is making your photography jump leaps and bounds.

Next time you are in Chicago or I am in Milwaukee, we will have to get together.

Dennis
    "Foolish consistency is the hobgobblin of little minds." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thread Information