ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Which Store?

Quote Originally Posted by Ridgetop
    Fantastic Post. Got friends that run a tourist trap store in Ouray. One of my closest friends busted his back above Silverton skiing. We're not too used to Colorado's powder. Made for a rough awakening. He's a little messed up but up and running good again. Anyway, loved the pictures and I think the rain actually helped bring out the color there.
    Which store? I think we went in almost all of them. As far as tourist stores, go, Ouray's not so bad. There's actually a lot of nice art for sale in the stores in town.

I haven't skied Colorado. But I've skied a bit in Utah and I'm not even interested in skiing in California. I'd rather make the trip to Utah

Glad you like the photos. We were prepared for rain so hiking and shooting were fine. And I was excited about the weather. It made more much more interesting photos, in my opinion.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: Which Store?

Speaking of stores, in the shot of silverton - the angled one - the powder blue building way down the road is my in-laws pie shop.

Mike

No way!

Quote Originally Posted by darkman
    Speaking of stores, in the shot of silverton - the angled one - the powder blue building way down the road is my in-laws pie shop.
    Small world, huh?! Relations in Ouray and Silverton. Those are not towns I'd expect people on this site to have ties. If you go to Silverton, try the Pride of the West restaurant. They have truly awesome smoked meat. It's making my mouth water just thinking about it.

So I'm working my way towards Albuquerque. In a couple more years I'll make it to the border of New Mexico
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: No way!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Small world, huh?! Relations in Ouray and Silverton. Those are not towns I'd expect people on this site to have ties. If you go to Silverton, try the Pride of the West restaurant. They have truly awesome smoked meat. It's making my mouth water just thinking about it.

So I'm working my way towards Albuquerque. In a couple more years I'll make it to the border of New Mexico
    The pickle barrel is pretty good too. The in-laws rent a place in silverton in the summer but have a house in durango. If you went to the start of the colorado trail you probably drove right by it.

You know, I haven't been to SJ since the last time I saw you a couple (or 3?) years ago. I'm sure being in SJ you know how tight the industry has become ($200+ rooms are now $89!).

Speaking of people from ABQ, I still need to get my pentax spotmeter V back from Brian! Maybe when he passes through to pheonix. LOL!

Mike

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Re: Ouray, Colorado - San Juan Mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    I expect that cheap food sucks in Telluride.
    There is no cheap food in Telluride If you remember where you ate, please tell me! We have tried several restaurants and been merely satisfied at best.

I pulled a couple of real estate fliers last time. One of those narrow little Victorians goes for $2,000,000. So yeah, I can see people getting priced out
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by photophorous
    But, I don't know if I would buy Chinese food in a small mountain town in Co.
    Yeah, but how do you screw up miso soup?? It's miso soup! Anyway, never again!
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Awesome post and amazing pics PJ!! Thanks for sharing...the pics make me wish I was there – although it’s a bit wet for my taste ;)

overwhelming mountains . . . one forgets - it's my home state . . . grew up in Fort Collins - photo-mom (in sunny California . . . almost always sunny . . . )

new monkey

Fantastic pics John!!

I just can't wait to go hiking with my new baby!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information