ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Our Great Balloon Races

Thought I would practice on something a little slower before the air races next week. Good color therapy first thing in the morning and wanted to share.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Our Great Balloon Races-up-up-away.jpg   Our Great Balloon Races-great-day-flying.jpg  

reminds me

of my first morning ever in albuquerque..I hear this crazy hissing sound to rush out to the outside of the house and find a "balloonist"(is that the name?) 100 yards up saying/waving good morning....also reminds me of Balloon Fiesta week in Albuquerque...

beautiful thanks for the memories
    ;)
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Ever been in one? FANTASTIC experience!!! Don't miss it if you ever have the chance!

Thanks for these shots. My friends fly professionally, and moved to Sedona, AZ to take advantage of the better weather (more flying days) to earn their living. I wonder if they would have traveled to Nevada to participate? I didn't see their balloon in either picture.

I especially like the Smokey the Bear balloon, and the Energizer Bunny. I had no idea they made balloons like that!!!

Great shots!
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

I've never flown in one

I have a doctor/friend who has one and the company I retired from has one, and would definately take a ride in one if given the chance. I never heard the final count of how many balloons are flying, but it is well over 100. This is there 23rd year. I envy your friends...Sedona is a FANTASTIC place! I can only imagine it from the air.

Quote Originally Posted by kellybean
    Ever been in one? FANTASTIC experience!!! Don't miss it if you ever have the chance!

Thanks for these shots. My friends fly professionally, and moved to Sedona, AZ to take advantage of the better weather (more flying days) to earn their living. I wonder if they would have traveled to Nevada to participate? I didn't see their balloon in either picture.

I especially like the Smokey the Bear balloon, and the Energizer Bunny. I had no idea they made balloons like that!!!

Great shots!
    Here's some more special shapes ballons THEY are the coolest...especially when they do night ascensions....

http://www.aibf.org/index.php?spgmGa...003&page=index

Enjoy
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Did you know that each pattern on each balloon is individualized to the owners, identifying them?
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Thread Information