ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Opinionated Newbie

OT: I got me some U2 Tickets!

I don't go to concerts but, one of the only bands that emerged in the early 80's and has managed to stay fresh and put out incredible music for three decades is touring on their Vertigo tour . Today, I got tickets to their May 26th show in Boston, MA! It was an internet pre-sale through U2.com and the seats are as good as I have ever purchased from a legitimate ticket agency.

So, here I am to see if anyone else around these parts are going to catch a show. I'm told that they put on an amazing concert. I can't wait. No camera's I suspect.

Opinionated Newbie

Re: OT: I got me some U2 Tickets!

Hey Penny -- did you get your tickets this morning during the pre-sale?

I've never seen U2 but have always wanted to. Their music is amazing to me. Well, there was a period in the 90's where they were a little too over the edge for me, but nonetheless, they are the band that has been with me from my teenage to adult life. Now I know why people love the Rolling Stones or The Who.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

I'm going to see Motley Crue in April!!!! I have seen them twice, once with the full band, once with a substitute drummer. This time the full band is back together and it's going to rock! LONG LIVE BIG HAIR!!!!!!
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Opinionated Newbie

Motley Crue, Ratt, Cinderella, Poison -- I've got all their mp3's on my iPod. A fusion of culture from two decades apart

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

Re: Yes!!!

Sorry Penny, but we can nolonger be friends ;)

Though I find their music to be somewhat artistic...... nah, not my deal.

Bono is a tool with a superstar attitude IMHO

BUT.....I hope everyone has a great time listing to the music that puts a smile on their faces and makes the blood pump!

OK....

I will reluctantly admit that the new song on the radio is uplifting

everyone buy up BLUE sunglasses and have fun
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Opinionated Newbie

See Paul -- I'm with you, except it's Metallica that I can't stand. I love some of their music, but when they pulled that "oh no, people are downloading mp3's" crap, they lost me. What a bunch of sissy's worrying about losing out on the little amount of cash they might lose out on.

Shoot, they even got all political and went before congress on this foolish thing. They encouraged Congress to violate everyone's personal privacy and allow companies carte-blanche access to peoples computers to the point where one Congressman whated companies to have the ability to secretly look into peoples computers and even maliciously cause harm to them. Metallica ranks up there with the superstar losers.

Thankfully we have a court system that has turned on these ideas that violate privacy.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulnj
    Bono is a tool with a superstar attitude IMHO

I couldn't agree more. I do admit that I like some of there tunes, and even have a couple of their CD's, that I burned from a friend. My biggest turn off about them was that they sold out from the get go. When they first got together they were knows as a Christian rock band (before they hit it big), but they/management quickly moved away from that because back then, nobody listened to that, and if they wanted to make it, they had to change there tune. (pun intended) At least that's the version I rember hearing on VH1 or MTV...

LONG LIVE STRYPER!!!!!!
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

What rate did you get...

On the mortgage you must have had to get to PAY for the tickets?!?!!
    Just kidding......
    They DO put on a great show. I saw them on the "Unforgettable Fire" tour, and it was hands down one of the most amazing concerts I've ever been to.

Especially for $14.50.

Sigh. I miss the 80's sometimes.

Megan

Opinionated Newbie

Penny -- A friend of mine is sending me a recording from the S.D. show. I'm looking forward to hearing it. I'm told that it's very good.

I do not know if I will rick bringing in my D70. I do not want it taken away and given to the authorities

My husband bought tickets to their San Diego show a week ago Monday. He bought them through an internet ticket broker that he has used for YEARS without a problem: TicketsNOW.com. Anyway, I found out I couldn't make the trip so we sent the tickets to my husband's business partner. He got to the gate and found out the tickets WEREN'T HONORED! and were confiscated! I am SOOOOOO glad we didn't spend money on airfare and hotel (and I'd have missed some important appointments besides). My husband has contacted them but they haven't returned communication with him, so now it's my job to follow up.

I guess we have tickets to see the Chicago show now, though.
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

I am trying to get tix for Maroon 5 next weekend.

I would definitely contact the venue about cameras BEFORE you bring yours, security is obviously tightening up and you wouldn't want to have to stow it in the bushes hoping it will be there after the show...

Have a good time!
    Rick
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

"Bono is a tool with a superstar attitude IMHO"

Yeah, and he can't even count to four in Spanish right ;)

I like some from the Joshua Tree but it took me almost 10 years to get there...

Rick
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Super cool...

Should be a good show, Todd...

I've seen U2 three times, including the tour promoting their first album. In some ways, I still think that was my favorite show, because they were so fresh on the music scene and so different from other bands.

I don't get too excited over them anymore, but I have to admit the new disc is amazingly good considering how long they've been around.

Enjoy...
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Re: Super cool...

I saw them a few years back. When they toured with that big lemon thing. It was a good show. If I'm going to pay money to go see someone (which I didn't), I want to get entertained. Sometimes a really good band can put on a crappy show...

My boss got tickets for her and her husband, but they had a fight, and I went with their son
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Thread Information