ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liz

Cool Thanks Lara for PCHell......dot com....

Lara,
    This is an excellent site! It has so many links to resolving problems and removing junk that you don't even realize that you have. I also found things I thought were "good" listed as problematic.

I just wish "how to completely remove aol" was listed there! I still have icons, links and ads everywhere from aol and it was discontinued Sunday. Their website address is listed permanently 2nd on my address bar at the top of the page. However, as long as they aren't effecting the service, I guess I can live with it. I did find some links through google that offer removal techniques. But I don't want to take a chance because I didn't recognize any of the addresses - mostly individuals.

Verizon is working great. It has a few glitches, but I'll work them out as time goes by - nothing earth shattering. And I have to stay in the real world of WORK for a while instead of trying to become a computer geek. ;)

Thanks Lara - for everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone else is interested in using or just viewing this website, here is the link Lara gave me in the above post. The name is perfect.

www.pchell.com

Liz
    Last edited by Liz; 11-30-2004 at 09:04 AM. Reason: typoooooos

Re: Thanks Lara for PCHell......dot com....

Nice to see you posting Liz! I was getting worried you had a PC meltdown,heheh.
    Lara

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Formatting is tramatic, the first time...

I agree with almo that a clean install (formatting a hard drive) solves MANY problems and probably should be done on a regular basis, but I also agree with Steve and Lara that it should only be done after VERY CAREFUL planning with all your important files backed up and programs on disc.

I've gotten pretty good at the routine, and now it is just a day's work with a checklist of programs to install, links to get program and driver updates, and prefs and configurations for everything. I make it part of my yearly Spring cleaning...
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Liz

Re: Formatting is tramatic, the first time...

"I've gotten pretty good at the routine, and now it is just a day's work with a checklist of programs to install, links to get program and driver updates, and prefs and configurations for everything. I make it part of my yearly Spring cleaning..."
    Well, the next time you're in NJ - save that one day!

Have a great week.

Liz

Liz

Re: Thanks Lara for PCHell......dot com....

Thanks Lara,

After 3 days mostly working on the pc situations, problems, etc. I had to get some real work done; however, then came the holiday. My intentions were to work at least one full day. Well, guess what! Then came Monday.........

I have been lurking - and did reply to a few posts here and there, and checking on VF every day (except Thanksgiving). But I've been trying to get some very far behind stuff caught up - I like my job.

Liz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information