ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Okay, some of my FLOWER Pics!

Here are some of my flower series of photos, trying to pic out my favorite 4 - not fun trying to pic! lol Oh, and I see a bunny photo i took today is in there too! So, take a browse, let me know which you like and any you don't like - and the prints are so much sharper than the scans, although I have an orange flower that just doesn't look as good in print as it does online.

HTML Code:
    http://bizfx.com/flowers/
    http://janehaas.com

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

It's hurricane season... again...
    I vote for whitehearts.jpg. I also like purple.jpg. Nice work!

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

I like your Bleeding Hearts ones

They're such photogenic flowers, and begging for selective depth of field. You've done a great job with them.

I have been trying to capture my grandmother's Bleeding Hearts in her garden for 2 years (they're not around very long!) and this years they didn't ever bloom

Nice shots!
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Funny Story

Quote Originally Posted by walterick
    They're such photogenic flowers, and begging for selective depth of field. You've done a great job with them.

I have been trying to capture my grandmother's Bleeding Hearts in her garden for 2 years (they're not around very long!) and this years they didn't ever bloom

Nice shots!

Just as I was about to shoot the white bleeding heart that was alone, otherwise known to me as the lonely heart lol, my battery died. I was in a flower park and freaked so I plucked it and let him rest in my bra until I got him to my car to put in water! lmao My boyfriend was laughing at me because I stole a heart and wouldn't stop with the jokes - but it was perfect! I was dying to get a picture of this lonely heart!

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

happy flowers

I really liked the twin white ones, and the original bleeding hearts (although REALLY they are quite ruined for me for the rest of my life I think ) and I also liked the "lonely heart" that got some bossom love nSeems to have done it well... I'll keep that in mind next time I don't have water There was one of a twirling pink rose...I wish it would have been a bit more in focus it really was a neat shot.

You have a great eye....will look for more stuff
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

janie

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    I really liked the twin white ones, and the original bleeding hearts (although REALLY they are quite ruined for me for the rest of my life I think ) and I also liked the "lonely heart" that got some bossom love nSeems to have done it well... I'll keep that in mind next time I don't have water There was one of a twirling pink rose...I wish it would have been a bit more in focus it really was a neat shot.

You have a great eye....will look for more stuff

Thanks!
    As for the pink rose - do you mean the pink5x7 one? Yeah, that one came out with a strange sort of focus - I need to fix that one somehow because I love it so much! I love that the leaves are framing the flower and are so sharp, but I wish the flower was sharper on the edges instead of just the middle - I focused it to the mid point and it looked like it should have been better in focus, but when I saw it larger, it wasn't the way I thought it would be. That one may look better a little smaller, on a card. You know photo cards sell for $4.99 each now?

Member:

Quote Originally Posted by Janie
    I was in a flower park and freaked so I plucked it and let him rest in my bra until I got him to my car to put in water!
    Well.... If you're going to steal a heart, I can't think of a better place to put it..... rofl rofl

Thread Information