ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Ninja update

Ninja update

The girls tested last month, both passed to the next level. The big issue is that my youngest has her white/green belt, and she does not like green. Apparently it's a yucky monster color. We've convinced her that if she works hard, in a few months she can test out and have pretty white/purple one.

In other news, they gave me a white belt last night. I'm hoping my kids will tie it for me before I go to class. I'll be doing a new self-portrait soon, watch out Rick.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ninja update-img_1675-copy.jpg  
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Re: Ninja update

Haha, too cool Adina. Gotta hate those ugly monster colors... btw, these skills should come in handy when they start dating some years down the road!
    Brad

Canon: Rebel XTi, 70-200 F/4L, 50mm F/1.8 II, Promaster 19-35mm F/3.5-4.5, Peleng 8mm fisheye
    Lighting: Canon 430 EXII, Quantaray PZ-1 DSZ, Sunpak 333D, D-8P triggers
    120 Film: Ricohflex Diacord TLR, Firstflex TLR, Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515/2 folder
    35mm Film: Nikon Nikkormat FT2, 35mm F/2.8, 50mm F/1.4, 135mm F/2.8

My Blog
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/bradleymiller

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Congrats to the little ones. I never worried about the whole color thing with the belts, light gray, dark gray, etc, they all pretty much looked the same in my eyes.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

Quote Originally Posted by MJS
    I never worried about the whole color thing with the belts, light gray, dark gray, etc, they all pretty much looked the same in my eyes.
    You obviously were never a 7 yr old girl!

you are right on with what you told her about working hard if she doesn't like that color. I also took martial arts training when I was very young, although I don't remember the techniques, I think that it helped me with discipline (I hope I spelled that right) . Keep up the hard work and you to will have a monster green belt soon.
    Chris Johnson
    Nikon Samurai # 30 chrisjohnsonpic.com
    Nikon D2Xs, Nikon D50, SB-800, AF Nikkor 80-200 D ED f2.8, AF Nikkor 50 D f1.8, AF Nikkor 18-55 G ED f5.6

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

That's great Adina.

There is a new Ninja book coming out in September.

http://www.amazon.com/Ask-Ninja-Pres...8954191&sr=8-1
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

I gotta go see if the school I went to still has day classes. Was close to getting my black belt until my knee decided that it didnt want to do it anymore. Arthritis is SOOOOOOO much fun. Had to stop at brown about 1 month before I could had tested for red.

Very nice picture. I have a black belt and taught for several years and kept in decent shape. After I stopped I found about a lot of extra weight by not continuing to work out. Needless to say due to the added weight and years I no longer can kick over my head but I can still kick high enough to get the job done if needed, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks guys.

We've really been pleased with the TKD. It's a great workout, and the girls are loving it. I'm still a bit intimidated, but keep going, if for no other reason than to harass my instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    Thanks guys.

We've really been pleased with the TKD. It's a great workout, and the girls are loving it. I'm still a bit intimidated, but keep going, if for no other reason than to harass my instructor.

Then try judo. Nothings more fun that getting high school varsity wrestlers during mat work. Their egos get the better of them.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RP Racing
    Then try judo.

I had a roommate in college who took some judo lessons. It was never any fun when he would come home and want to practice his new moves on us.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Well, I took a beating last night. Literally, bruises up and down my arms, took one to the side of the head as well. Could hardly move this morning, settled for some retail therapy.

But I didn't cry, and I'll be back on Sunday. AND I have muscles in my arms. It's way cool.

Thread Information