ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Sweet

I will do my best to make it - I'll be juggling two different parties of friends, but I've done it before, I can do it again!

Megan

Liz

Question Dates?

Are we meeting the weekend of 21-22 or 28-29? I can't find the post that has this info.

Thanks.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by walterick
    Who could make it?

The weekend of the 21-22 appears open for me right now.

Other ideas?

Rick

Mig
    C8H10N4O2
    I ran off on Thursday with a dance troupe from Spain

Re: Dates?

21-22

Of course that's now the week for disaster-recovery testing for work (this is the second time they've scheduled it the same time as a PR gathering), but with any luck I'll be out mid-day on Saturday and can meet up in the evening. I'm planning on definitely coming down on Sunday.

Danielle
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Liz

Red face Duh.........

I just read that a few days ago - noticed the "Saturday" and Sunday, but somehow skipped over the date.

Thanks Danielle - looking forward to seeing you.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Mig
    21-22

Of course that's now the week for disaster-recovery testing for work (this is the second time they've scheduled it the same time as a PR gathering), but with any luck I'll be out mid-day on Saturday and can meet up in the evening. I'm planning on definitely coming down on Sunday.

Danielle

Re: Dates?

Great , look forward to meeting you all, hope the weather holds up.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Re: Duh.........

I was wondering why nobody had responded to that post! LOL

Rick
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Heloooooooooooooooooooooo?

Hey Everybody,

I really want to get a head count for this thing coming up! If you're planning on coming, please post! So far recently confirmed:

Myself
    Liz
    Mig (late Saturday/Sunday)
    Megan (late Saturday/Sunday)
    Gerry I know you have your show on Saturday, were you planning on meeting us later for dinner or on Sunday?

Thanks all!

Rick
    Walter Rick Long

Re: New York City photogathering this May.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it either Sat or Sunday. I hope everyone has a good time. I ventured into the city this past Saturday for the Diane Arbus exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. If anyone has time I strongly recommend a visit. It will be there only until the 29th or 30th of this month.
    "When elephants fight it is the grass that suffers"
    African proverb

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Widen
    I ventured into the city this past Saturday for the Diane Arbus exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
    Oh, if you have an extra minute or two, I would LOVE to read more about this in the Photography as Art forum! (smiles pretty, bats eyes)

megan

Liz

Re: Urgent - Rick! Liz!!!

Here's my schedule as far as my eyes can see now..........

Saturday - Bronx Zoo - definite
    I probably won't be there for supper - I'm taking the bus or subway and don't want to go it alone at night. But I'm looking forward to the zoo!

Sunday - maybe B&H - but I have to resolve something in my schedule first. Hey! I'm addicted to B&H, so I'll most likely be there.

Favor please: I need to know how to get to the Bronx Zoo - either bus or train - from Port Authority..........or meet someone and go together from somewhere close to Port Auth.

Thanks.

Liz

Hey Gary,

Would be glad to meet another member! I think that would be an awesome activity for us, and I really like your work. When are you showing, Saturday or Sunday?

Oh, and is it anywhere near Central Park?

Rick

Seb

Howdy all,

I can't miss Gary's display at the PhilosophyBox, that is not even an option so I'll be there!

Actually, I will arrive saturday at the end of the afternoon so forget me for saturday (unless we happen to meet at the gallery...) but I'll gladly show up on sunday. I considered going to the Guggenheim during the day. Is there a defined point of meeting in Central Park?

Seb

Important!!

Hi all I have a bit of bad news.

I have a bit of a sniffle in the form of sore throat/runny nose and the thought of driving 5 hours to New York sounds quite unappealing to me right now. I was thinking about the gathering and how there appears only to be 2 people showing up on Saturday, Liz and myself I think I will say let's just meet on Sunday! That's when everybody can show up anyway, we'll be more central to NYC, etc. Anybody with me on this? Liz, I guess that means you That doesn't change anything for Sunday morning B&H 10am/Central Park northeast corner afterwards. Same bat time, same bat channel. And it will gave me another day to get better for the drive.

Some things I want to get settled:
    I left the meeting spot as the northeast corner of Central Park (Duke Ellington Circle corner of Cathedral Pky & 5th Ave.) I picked this arbitrarily as it seemed like a cool spot. If anyone else has another suggestion, please post it.
    I'm going to say 11:30am. That should give us time to shop and get over there, yes?

So NIX the Saturday plans, and we'll meet in front of B&H Sunday at 10 or corner of 5th Ave & Cathedral at 11:30!

SEEYAS!

Rick
    Walter Rick Long

Important!!!

I have a bit of a sniffle in the form of sore throat/runny nose and the thought of driving 5 hours to New York sounds quite unappealing to me right now. I was thinking about the gathering and how there appears only to be 2 people showing up on Saturday, Liz and myself I think I will say let's just meet on Sunday! That's when everybody can show up anyway, we'll be more central to NYC, etc. Anybody with me on this? Liz, I guess that means you That doesn't change anything for Sunday morning B&H 10am/Central Park northeast corner afterwards. Same bat time, same bat channel. And it will gave me another day to get better for the drive.

I left the meeting spot as the northeast corner of Central Park (Duke Ellington Circle corner of Cathedral Pky & 5th Ave.) I picked this arbitrarily as it seemed like a cool spot. If anyone else has another suggestion, please post it.
    I'm going to say 11:30am. That should give us time to shop and get over there, yes?

So NIX the Saturday plans, and we'll meet in front of B&H Sunday at 10 or corner of 5th Ave & Cathedral at 11:30!

SEEYAS!

Rick
    Walter Rick Long

Hey Seb! Glad to hear you can make it! Look forward to meeting you Sunday.

Rick
    Walter Rick Long

Oops, I typed the wrong "Gary"

I meant Gary "Ghapsidy" but Gerry Widen I'm glad you replied too. Hope we can meet up again another time. Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Rick
    Walter Rick Long

Liz

Re: Important!!!

I'm very tired tonight - I thiink I'm seeing doouuble! Rick. Did you post twice?

we'll meet in front of B&H Sunday at 10 or corner of 5th Ave & Cathedral at 11:30!

Soooooooo - who is "we"???

BTW Rick - seriously, if you're not feeling well, do NOT feel obligated to drive to NY. Be honest.......if you're still feeling sick.

Liz

SEEYAS!

Rick

Hi LIz

Yes, you're seeing double I posted under the wrong message and couldn't figure out how to delete it so I just copied it into another one!

Thanks for your concern. I am usually a fast healer so I figure I will be better by Saturday for the drive rather than Friday. Again, thanks.

By saying "we" I meant all the photogatherers! At B&H in the morning for those who want to do B&H and for everyone else Central Park. Make sense?

I wanted to draw your attention to this post especially because so far you're the only one availble for Saturday. That being the case, I wanted to make sure you saw that I was changing the plans.

So..

Nothing on Saturday,
    Sunday 10am outside B&H, and for those who want to meet later 11:30 in Central Park.

Looking forward to seeing you!

Rick
    Walter Rick Long

Liz

Yes, it's fine with me. Except remember - Sunday there is a possible glitch!

Just to refresh your memory, I mentioned in an earlier post when I put down my available times that there is a conflict on Sunday that still has to be resolved.

I just wanted to remind everyone that Sunday was still up in the air for me. I'll try to get it resolved today. I will be disappointed if I can't be there. I want to see everyone - and especially since you - Rick - are moving.

Liz

Hey Rick & Liz

Rick, I just PM'd you about my attending Saturday. I hadn't read the latest posts about it being scratched. Unfortunately I am only available on Saturday, so maybe next time. Rick, If I don't see you, have a smooth and safe move out west. Liz, If for some reason Saturday gets back on the ticket count me in and If you like, I can pick you up on the way into the city and drop you back afterwords. Otherwise, everyone have a great time on Sunday.

Take Care,
    Joe Mags

Re: Hey Rick & Liz

Hey Joe & Liz

I guess it was pretty pretentious of me to scrap the day just because I couldn't make it It sounds like you guys could have a great time in NY if you decide to get together. Don't forget also Gary (Gaphsidy) also has his show on Saturday which is reason enough to be there! I'm sorry I can't make it for Saturday but my head is thudding with sinus pressure but I'm still shootin for Sunday! Liz, I'm sorry I forgot what you had written about Saturday. At the time there were only you and I signed up that day so I figured we could just gather on Sunday. By all means, go out and paint the town familiar I'll be there in spirit!

Hope to catch up with you guys on Sunday!

I love NY!

Rick
    Walter Rick Long

Seb

Hey Rick,

Please pardon my ignorance (I am not familiar with the north of Manhattan passed 52th st.). Just to make sure that I don't miss you guys on sunday, the meeting point at Central Park is the extreme north/east corner next to Harlem Meer?

I hope that you get back in shap asap.

regards

Seb

Liz

Talking Hey Joe!

I'm very interested

post here so anyone else that's interested can check in - then with the final details .......send me a PM or email...........whatever......

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by joemags
    Rick, I just PM'd you about my attending Saturday. I hadn't read the latest posts about it being scratched. Unfortunately I am only available on Saturday, so maybe next time. Rick, If I don't see you, have a smooth and safe move out west. Liz, If for some reason Saturday gets back on the ticket count me in and If you like, I can pick you up on the way into the city and drop you back afterwords. Otherwise, everyone have a great time on Sunday.

Take Care,
    Joe Mags

Seb,

I'm glad you asked. Yes, that is exactly the place. I don't now the city either, so here's a map of that section of the park:

http://www.centralpark2000.com/produ...p/map_102e.htm

I plan to be outside the Pioneer's entrance at the corner of 5th Ave and it looks like Central Park North. Duke Ellington circle is what the map is calling it.

Please, everyone if you're concerned about meeting up please IM me for my cell phone. I'll be there but incase I blend in with the other 13000 tourists that may be the best way to connect.

Hope to see you there!

Rick
    Walter Rick Long

Liz

Joe and his wife and his little son Matthew - and I are going to the Bronx Zoo Saturday.

Anyone else want to meet us there at some point?

I can't make it both days. Rick, I'm sorry I won't see you - but I hope we will have another gathering some time - and both of us will get there. Wherever that might be. ;)

Enjoy Sunday!

Liz

Mig
    C8H10N4O2
    I ran off on Thursday with a dance troupe from Spain

What time are you guys going Liz?

Danielle
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information