ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

A new family member!

I haven't been around here much lately but wanted to share some photos of our newest family member. This is Holden Alexander and he is the reason I haven't been posting much as of late. Holden was born on August 26th and has completely changed my life. He has also inspired me to try my hand at portrait photography. Something I have never enjoyed, but something I want to get better at so I can capture some great moments with him. I have a pretty inexpensive lighting kit ordered so hopefully I can come up with some more interesting photos of my new little buddy. Anyway, just wanted to share with my online family. Here are a few of my favorites so far.

I promise I won't turn into one of those people who post hundreds of photos of their kids!
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Re: A new family member!

Congratulations on you new addition Mike , they are all great but I love the camera bag shot......
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

Congratulations! Life will never be the same. For me this was a very good thing.

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

d'awe

Love the shot of him in your camera backpack. Also excellent choice on the Middle name. (not that it being my name has anything to do with that statement...well maybe a bit...okay, a lot).
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Congrats on the new addition. He will change your life forever, and open a whole new door for you photographically.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Thanks everyone. He certainly has changed my life for the better. He has already given me some fun photographic opportunities and challenges. My new lighting kit should be here later this week so maybe I'll make him model for me this weekend.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Congrats, cute baby wish you have happy time with your family!

Congrats, a child changes everything ;)
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Congratulations !

a cool series !

Mike, Congratulations on the new addition to your family. Very cute young man and the pictures are all great!! I think all of them are very nice but my favorite is the one in the camera bag, very original. Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks again everyone. My umbrellas and stands came yesterday so I may have to try my hand at some more shots of Holden. I need to come up with some fake snow...
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

Aldo Leopold

Smile Re: A new family member!

Love the pics of Holden and got a chuckle out of the "Mineral Point" cradle.

Thread Information