ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Liz

New Camera! First photos!

I am posting the new pics from my new XZ-1 here because I always share with my friends on Viewfinder when I get something new!

First let me say that I have the Olympus E-PL2 as my main camera. I decided to sell my LX5 and get the new Olympus XZ-1 mainly because I can use the VF-2 on it. Since using a VF I have become addicted to it - and really don't like using the LCD screen anymore. So this is a big perk for me.

Yesterday some friends and I went to the Jersey Shore just to "celebrate" sun and warm weather - and finally a touch of "Spring." :thumbsup: Here are the first pics - straight out of the camera. Actually these were all done on auto - the main reason being because between the bright sun and reflections from the ocean, I could not see the LCD screen most of the time. I was surprised! At any rate, the composition isn't great because with some I actually had to guess! I haven't had a chance to try it in low light or indoors. I don't do RAW - so I'm hoping the jpg output will be good enough for an every-day-carry-with-me camera. I know there is a lot of noise at higher ISO - but hopefully it won't bother me too much when I change some of the settings.

Liz

Re: New Camera! First photos!

Looks good Liz, be sure and post some sample shots in the Olympus forum as well. And congratulations...
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Very nice Liz! The colors are great and they are nice and clear, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Very nice from me to, bright clear. Did you see Snooki!

How can I be lost
    If I've got nowhere to go?

Sony a55 16-50mm 2.8 ssm Minolta 50mm 70-300 dt 5.6

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Gorgeous images, Liz! Congrats and have fun with it!
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Awesome! When I looked at it, seems like I'm just there..I can feel the relaxing mood of the place, wind blowing and the splash of water.. Oh I miss beach walking!

Looks like you got yourself a winner there Liz. I keep hearing good things about this camera, hope you enjoy it.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Lovely! and very clear!
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

Liz

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate all of you taking the time to check out the images, and to comment.

Greg - ok....I posted a few images in the Olympus forum too! Thanks for reminding me.

Jeff - thank you for checking in and for your thoughts about the images.

Tyson - thanks! And, Snooki? Didn't see anyone by that name that I recognized.

Loupey.....yes, I was pleased. I hope it does as well indoors! I haven't had time to try.

SHBaker - thanks for your comments. I too love the Shore and don't get there enough. It was such a gorgeous day after so much SNOW and rain!

Larry - Yes, at this point it is looking like a winner. I have yet to try it in low light. I think with the fast 1.8 lens I can stay away from the higher ISO where it seems to not do quite as well in jpg. I don't think a little noise will bother me too much.

Leels - thanks for commenting. My monitor is not calibrated so with everyone's positive comments, I guess my monitor isn't "fooling" me. :thumbsup:

Liz

. . . great captures Liz, looks like your up for some camera fun !! :thumbsup:
    Randy, Gear - 3 in the green, with a T2i and some lenses !

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Rivman
    . . . great captures Liz, looks like your up for some camera fun !! :thumbsup:
    Thank you! Yes, I'm leaving tomorrow for the Berkshires - Stockbridge MA to be exact! I'll be back late Easter Sunday! I'm really excited about spending time with the XZ-1.

Liz

Thread Information