ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: My First Exhibit. . .A good experience

Quote Originally Posted by Knight
    You must of had a grand day indeed Especialy Meeting Seb and Nina. It must have been quite the experience for you , im glad all went well for you . maybe some day i will be able to visit one of your future exhibit`s .
    thanks Knight. . yes meeting Seb was a pleasure, and Nina and I are already aquainted. . .we've been together for 5 years!!
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Penny. . . You have an eloquent way with words. Yes, seeing an image in print is much more impactful than the screen. This series is or can be considered pop-art meets landscape and benefits greatly from a large print ( hopefully one day if all is well, I'll have the R4800 on my stand)
    Thanks again Penny for your kind words.

Matt, tuna, AnotherView . . .thank you for your well wishes and thoughts. Very much appreciated from great photographers.

Brian. . . sounds good, but I think it would take more than the Canscape series to get you out here About the black mats, I had called the director after you gave me the heads-up and asker her about it and she was fine with it. I just feel white mats are too formal for this subject of work and the black really brings the colored cans off the paper.

Seb. . . meeting you was a pleasure and sorry our time was so short. Nina and I found you to be even more than the high regard we already had for you from our correspondance on the forum. Thanks again for your coming out all the way, especially enduring the stinky bus ride from hell.
    Yes, i had my roll developed on Sunday morning,( just developing negatives takes 20 minutes) and i scanned the negs that afternoon. Not bad for a film guy,huh?

gary

Here are a couple more. This is Seb at the Exhibit, and the other is Aki during her performance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My First Exhibit. . .A good experience-0505-3421xweb.jpg   My First Exhibit. . .A good experience-0505-3221xweb.jpg   My First Exhibit. . .A good experience-0505-2621xweb.jpg  

gary

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gahspidy
    Brian. . . sounds good, but I think it would take more than the Canscape series to get you out here About the black mats, I had called the director after you gave me the heads-up and asker her about it and she was fine with it. I just feel white mats are too formal for this subject of work and the black really brings the colored cans off the paper.
    I don't know about that Gary, meeting you would be an excellent reason to come to NYC, I mean I have never been there afterall.
    Consider this a "standing invite" for you and your family if you ever get out my way. OK!
    Seeing your stuff, the black mattes looks like and excellent choice. The photographs seem to "pop" against the black mattes. Like you said, maybe it is the combination of black and white and the color, that do that.
    I hope that you get a longer day or days in the sun with your "View From Within" series!
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

You go Gary! It takes guts and will to pull that off, but you did it. Congrats!

They look fantastic together... which one or ones seemed to be the favorite of the viewers? Did you learn anything? I see you put my favorite first. (top left)

Thanks for showing us..
    Kit
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information