ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

My Birthday trip

Just so you guys know I was out with my camera while I have been gone, here are some photos from July 1st. Went to my Mom's for my birthday and then we went to Cumberland Falls for a cookout. These are just some of my favorite pics from there.

"No man has the right to dictate what other men should perceive, create or produce, but all should be encouraged to reveal themselves, their perceptions and emotions, and to build confidence in the creative spirit." --Ansel Adams

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." --Ansel Adams

Re: My Birthday trip

Looks like a good mountain bike trail! Stairs are fun

That river reminds me of Deliverance. Is that where they filmed it? Did you see Ned Beatty?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Looks like a good mountain bike trail! Stairs are fun

That river reminds me of Deliverance. Is that where they filmed it? Did you see Ned Beatty?
    BIKE.. what are you talking about.. pull out the horses!
    Amber
    cam: Sony a100 DSLR
    Please do not edit my images.. thanks

PJ, don't think they filmed it there, but they could have. It is definitely one of those kind of areas. There are plenty of trails around there, too.

AmberC, you got the right idea, girl. :thumbsup: Plenty of folks ride down there.
    "No man has the right to dictate what other men should perceive, create or produce, but all should be encouraged to reveal themselves, their perceptions and emotions, and to build confidence in the creative spirit." --Ansel Adams

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." --Ansel Adams

One of my favorite state parks. I have some wonderfull pics from there in years past. Best pictures for me were early in the morning getting fog rising form the water. Did you hike up to eagle falls? If conditions are right it can be a wonderful place for photos.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

I had wanted to go there, but just did not have the chance with my family. Wanted to spend time with them. I do have plans to go back down there to hike to Eagle and some of the other smaller falls around there.

Last time I was there the boys were still at home and we got up about 6 AM and left the girls in bed and hiked up there early in the morning. I got go shots there and witht eh sun just peaking over the mountians at the big falls. there are a couple of very good overlooks as you hick that trail. I posted one pick from there a few weeks ago when I was tring out the new scanner. Here's a link to that thread Blast from the Past..Ecktachromes

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

I remember that pic, OT. I want to try and combine a trip like that and make a day out of it so I can try and get some pics of the moonbow, also. I really want to try and get that if I can.

I saw the moonbow one time but didn't get pictures. It's a rare opportunity and you have to catch conditions just right. Only one in north America if i remember right.

Nikon Samurai #13

Liz

Happy (belated) Birthday!!!!! It looks like you had a great time. Nice images you captured, too.

Thanks for sharing them.........glad you had such a nice birthday celebration.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    I saw the moonbow one time but didn't get pictures. It's a rare opportunity and you have to catch conditions just right. Only one in north America if i remember right.

That is correct. And it is one of only two in the world. The other one is at Victoria Falls in South Africa. I am like you, I have caught a glimpse of it, but have never had a chance to photograph it.

Thread Information