ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    A loooong way from 1000! Cowgirl's Avatar

May 22nd Wedding

Here's a few of my latest.... What do ya'll think?

thanks

Kathy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails May 22nd Wedding-2316.jpg   May 22nd Wedding-52204.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You've become quite the pro, Kathy, as these are as good as I've seen. It takes a special person to be a wedding photographer, and it looks like you've got all the right qualities...nerves of steel, patience, fast-thinker, etc. Nice work.

Wow! Thank you sooo much Charles. I really do appreciate your thoughts!

Kathy

Kathy,

I have been looking at these shots for a while, and although technically very nicely composed and shot, there is just something missing for me. I think it's personality. I don't get much feeling from looking at these shots, except maybe the shot of the little boy being kissed by the girl, it has a very whimsical feel to it. The other shots are very nice, but I would like to see more feeling, when I look at wedding shots I want to feel like I was there, like I got swept up in the moment, like I have known these people for a long time. I want the personalities of the people photographed to come through to me, the viewer. I say this knowing damn well how hard that can be, and how elusive those moments are, from trying for a long time to get better at capturing stuff like that and coming short. Sometimes it happens, many times not, but I still try every time.

Now, who knows if that was possible at this wedding, maybe the whole thing was very traditional. I don't know, I don't know anything about the context of these images, so please take my comments with the appropriate grain of salt. Don't get me wrong, these are not bad in any way, it's just that I would also like to see the things that make these people who they are, not just them in a tux and gown, you know?

BTW, I never comment, but I always look, and your work has steadily improved over the time I've been around here. And the second shot in this series is very strong, I love the composition.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowgirl
    Here's a few of my latest.... What do ya'll think?

thanks
    Kathy
    I think they look great.

Spike

Thank you very much Spike!

Seb- I do appreciate your thoughts! Thanks! This couple was a bit 'stiff' there just wasn't much room for those fun grab shots, and it was very traditional wedding.

I too can 'see' how my work has evolved and bettered in the last few years. It makes me wonder what my style will be like in the next 2-3 years!?!

Thanks!

Kathy

Thread Information