May 22nd Wedding

Printable View

• 05-29-2004, 07:59 PM
    Cowgirl
    3 Attachment(s)
    May 22nd Wedding
    Here's a few of my latest.... What do ya'll think?

thanks

Kathy
  • 05-30-2004, 02:40 AM
    Charles Hess
    You've become quite the pro, Kathy, as these are as good as I've seen. It takes a special person to be a wedding photographer, and it looks like you've got all the right qualities...nerves of steel, patience, fast-thinker, etc. Nice work.
  • 05-30-2004, 09:10 PM
    Cowgirl
    Wow! Thank you sooo much Charles. I really do appreciate your thoughts!

Kathy
  • 05-30-2004, 10:06 PM
    Sebastian
    Kathy,

I have been looking at these shots for a while, and although technically very nicely composed and shot, there is just something missing for me. I think it's personality. I don't get much feeling from looking at these shots, except maybe the shot of the little boy being kissed by the girl, it has a very whimsical feel to it. The other shots are very nice, but I would like to see more feeling, when I look at wedding shots I want to feel like I was there, like I got swept up in the moment, like I have known these people for a long time. I want the personalities of the people photographed to come through to me, the viewer. I say this knowing damn well how hard that can be, and how elusive those moments are, from trying for a long time to get better at capturing stuff like that and coming short. Sometimes it happens, many times not, but I still try every time.

Now, who knows if that was possible at this wedding, maybe the whole thing was very traditional. I don't know, I don't know anything about the context of these images, so please take my comments with the appropriate grain of salt. :) Don't get me wrong, these are not bad in any way, it's just that I would also like to see the things that make these people who they are, not just them in a tux and gown, you know?

BTW, I never comment, but I always look, and your work has steadily improved over the time I've been around here. And the second shot in this series is very strong, I love the composition.
  • 05-31-2004, 11:11 AM
    Spike
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowgirl
    Here's a few of my latest.... What do ya'll think?

thanks
    Kathy

I think they look great. :)

Spike
  • 06-01-2004, 10:10 AM
    Cowgirl
    Thank you very much Spike!

Seb- I do appreciate your thoughts! Thanks! This couple was a bit 'stiff' there just wasn't much room for those fun grab shots, and it was very traditional wedding.

I too can 'see' how my work has evolved and bettered in the last few years. It makes me wonder what my style will be like in the next 2-3 years!?!

Thanks!

Kathy