ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Loren ... Delta 3200 samples & other b&w...

In response to your Help Files post re: Delta 3200, I thought I'd post some shots, using Delta 3200 at 3200 & at 6400(I normally shoot it at 1600). Also thought I'd include a film I like, Neopan 1600(at 1600), and my favorite, Delta 100.
    #1 - night shot, taken through store window, Delta 3200 at 3200.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Loren ... Delta 3200 samples & other b&w...-eagle.jpg  

Delta 3200 at 6400...

Grainy, but shot late night, with gray, snow sky.
    Leica M6 50/2 at f/2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Loren ... Delta 3200 samples & other b&w...-street3.jpg  

Neopan 1600

Tungsten light, Neopan 1600 at 1600, a bit of Neat Image applied to reduce grain,
    Contax G2 Zeiss 90/2.8
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Loren ... Delta 3200 samples & other b&w...-florencia1_filtered-copy-2.jpg  

My fav, Delta 100 ( artistic semi-nude)

I love the smooth, creamy look to this film. Tungsten lighting, slight tint in ps. thanks for looking.

Contax G2 Zeiss 45/2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Loren ... Delta 3200 samples & other b&w...-sara2-copy.jpg  

Thanks Charles

Those are great samples. My favorite b&w is by far delta 100. Most of my shots in b&w use that film. It has great contrast, feel, and emotive qualities to it.

I also like the 3200 sample that you showed. The grain is very distinctive, but does not detract from it. I'm curious to see the difference of how my images will turn out once I get them back on Friday by using the 6x7 negative. I want to push it to 6400 next time to see how much grain I can get.

All of those are great sample of the qualities of each film, and also very good pictures.

Thanks for taking the time to show me these,

Loren
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

* Any photographer worth his salt has 10,000 bad negatives under his belt. - Ansel Adams

Thanks for posting these. I've only shot Tmax 3200 for high-speed film, at both 1600 and 3200 - but usually 1600. Heard great things about Neopan 1600 but never seen an example. Looks great, I'll have to try it.

I guess I don't remember you saying if you do any of your own darkroom work - I know you talked about using a lab though. I've never had much luck scanning negs.

Thread Information