ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    drg

Lilypond - Sigma SD10

A lily pond as a water feature in a private garden. Made a nice test shot and the landscaper is using it for promotional work.

Full Size version in gallery (Warning: Link is to LARGE FILE)

EXIF data is intact.

Comments are welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lilypond - Sigma SD10-lilypondsm.jpg  
    CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

Re: Lilypond - Sigma SD10

Quote Originally Posted by drg
    A lily pond as a water feature in a private garden. Made a nice test shot and the landscaper is using it for promotional work.

Full Size version in gallery (Warning: Link is to LARGE FILE)

EXIF data is intact.

Comments are welcome.

How do you like the SD10? What is the shutter lag like? Great colors and detail. It looks just a tad dark on my screen, like it could have used a third or a half stop of exposure compensation. Is that my screen, or is that how it looks? (My monitor has never been calibrated. I work for the county, and they couldn't care less about such things.)

Looks like a lovely spot. Someone has put a lot of time and money into it. Looking forward to seeing more from that SD10.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

drg

Re: Lilypond - Sigma SD10

There doesn't seem to be any real detectable shutter lag. There is some lag time before you see the image (varies). I'll post a photo (not a great one) of a dog jumping through a hoop in reference to the shutter issue. It did what I wanted it to do.

So far this is a real interesting test with the Sigma SD10. I am going to post a review and notes and impressions of this camera in the near future. In the meantime a couple of things jump out:

It doesn't work like the other DSLR's at all! The Sensor is 95% responsible for this and the processing of the images is all done outboard from the camera!

The range of getting it "right" seems pretty lenient. It how much processing time you want to spend with the RAW camera file. The base or "auto" settings do a pretty good job most of the time.

The reviews I've read of this camera miss a LOT! More on this topic later, but since its such a different concept its hard to compare this camera directly. I kept having the opportunity to see images from the Sigma's which is why I decided to work with one myself.

The pond is certainly a major piece of work. There are some other images I may post eventually or portions of them. It is very green and may appear dark. Check out the full size image too.

Thanks for the feedback!
    CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

Thread Information