ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Life after transplant !

Life after transplant is the motto of this group of people. Every other year there is a meet where organ and tissue transplant recipients and their living donors get together for some fun. It is a celebration of life to say the least. There were some many smiles coming from the crowd it was hard for me to grasp the concept of why they were all gathered together. Kenyon College allowed the use of their brand new sporting facility for the games. There is also a world event taking place in Thailand this year also, one of a much larger magnitude.
    The main sponsor of this event was Transplant Athletics Foundation INC. run by Nick Carson of Youngstown, Ohio ( www.TAFI.us ) Please drop by the web site and make a little donation if you can. Anything will help, it is 100% charity.The money goes to sponsor game participants to raise awareness for organ donation and see to it that recipients know there is life after transplant.
    My first picture here is a small group shot, the second third and forth are of a gal named Kennedy, she received a heart transplant at the age of 6 months. She is now 6 years old and looking for a new heart. It seems she has developed Coronary Heart disease and here heart is failing. God knows I don't want to think what will happen to her if she doesn't get one.

Thank you reading my post. Sign your organ donor cards guys and save a life.

How can I be lost
    If I've got nowhere to go?

Sony a55 16-50mm 2.8 ssm Minolta 50mm 70-300 dt 5.6

Re: Life after transplant !

I will add her to my prayer list. Thanks for sharing the story Tyson.
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thanks for sharing Tyson. My card has been signed since the moment I got my license :thumbsup:

Aaron
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr
    Please do not edit my photos, thank you.

Thank you for the kind words guys.

How can I be lost
    If I've got nowhere to go?

Sony a55 16-50mm 2.8 ssm Minolta 50mm 70-300 dt 5.6

Thread Information