ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Less Controversial Topic: Show Me the Best Picture You've Ever Taken

Since the political thread has been deleted, I thought it might be interesting (and photo) related to get everyone to post what you think is your best-ever photo. I think this one of my daughter from a few years ago might still be my best.

Show me yours...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Less Controversial Topic: Show Me the Best Picture You've Ever Taken-atlantis.jpg  

I'll post it when I take it.

I have to I love...still waiting for the GREAT one but these come pretty close to preserving the memory of the moment so I'll share these two...hop that's o.k.

The first is my daughter with a very similar look to your daughter's ---she had been trying to do something her bro had been doing and finally succeeded so I call it satisfaction
    the other one I call Trust. It's my brother in law and his son(wish his hand had been more to the left) and happily it now sits matted and framed above their mantle as a 16x20....it looks amazing printed....i was so excited

Good thread
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

I don't think I will ever take my best photo.

john
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

My images are like my children...

Quote Originally Posted by Lava Lamp
    Since the political thread has been deleted, I thought it might be interesting (and photo) related to get everyone to post what you think is your best-ever photo. I think this one of my daughter from a few years ago might still be my best.

Show me yours...
    My images are like my children I wouldn't think of picking which one I love best. But I do have to admit every family has some ugly ducklings, there are some photos I wouldn't want out of the house.

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Impossible...

Not to sound full of myself, but besides not fully knowing what "best" means, there is no way I could choose one shot and say it is better than anything else I've done. I think I have a lot of work on the same level..

Besides, I like Hodgy's answer. To paraphrase a bit, the NEXT photo I take, I'm pretty confident will be my best...
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Natatbeach, those are wonderful. I'm waiting to get my SLR (I preordered the Canon Reb T2 @ Samy's/$219 body)..beautiful

Similar to Steve and Hodgy

I don't think I've taken my best. I've taken some good, even some really good. But if I've already taken my best, then why take more? Nothing would be able to top my best.

For me, the learning is ongoing, and if I take my best, I wouldn't have the motivation to learn.

adina
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

In the spirit of the thread

I'll post one that I like right now. It is by no means my best, but one that I really like right now.

adina
    Last edited by adina; 04-04-2006 at 10:04 AM.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

I hope I haven't taken mine yet either! I usually find that it's the new shots - and especially the new ideas - that I'm working on that are my favorites. They don't always wind up being portfolio pieces or anything, but the excitement of it is what keeps me going.

I shot motorcycle stunt riders two weeks ago, I've never done that before and got some good images from it. They might not be the greatest shots of this type, but it's something different - here's one of them. And tomorrow I'm going to a wedding and have a couple of ideas for shots (just a guest, not the official photog).

Oh yeah - don't try this at home. These are trained professionals on a closed course !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Less Controversial Topic: Show Me the Best Picture You've Ever Taken-dscf0462.jpg  

LL, it looks like most everyone feels their best shot is yet to come, though some really good shots have been posted here in this thread. I can say that I think my 'favorite'(rather than my best) shots have come from when I've used more manual cameras, which have made me think a bit more about the shot, exposure, focus, etc. The image of your daughter...striking eyes...sure is a good one. Good thread you've started. :-)

Thread Information