ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

I slept until 11:30 this morning

Everyone left for school and work, and my youngest and I climbed back into bed, she's still sleeping. I guess we were tired.

And something photography related...

I know the old adage, if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. I saw 10d for sale for between $600-$700. While I don't intend I buying one of those, I'm curious as to what it would be that would price them so low.

adina
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

just one thing to say

(spit) (spit) tooi tooi at you

I've been up since 5:45 with my little beasts ;)

must feel good to be able to that...you deserve it
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

11:30?????

Geez, Adina, by 11:30am, I had already put 5.5 hours in at work! Lucky you.

The camera...that old adage, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Too many scams, bait & switch, you name it, are out there waiting for eager photogs with credit card in hand. When the 20D hits the market, the 10D's price will drop, but not to $600-700. Now go back to sleep...time for an afternoon nap. Me, I have another 2.5 hours of work. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    Everyone left for school and work, and my youngest and I climbed back into bed, she's still sleeping. I guess we were tired.

And something photography related...

I know the old adage, if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. I saw 10d for sale for between $600-$700. While I don't intend I buying one of those, I'm curious as to what it would be that would price them so low.

adina

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Hess

The camera...that old adage, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Too many scams, bait & switch, you name it, are out there waiting for eager photogs with credit card in hand. When teh 20D hits the market, the 10D's price will drop, but not to $600-700. Now go back to sleep...time for an afternoon nap. Me, I have another 2.5 hours of work. :-)

Debated about the afternoon nap, but then she dumped applesauce on herself, so I guess we will have to shower and get dressed.

b&h had the 10d for around $1200, which is where I would normally get it from, looking at the rebel too.

adina
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Funny, so did I...

The difference is I decided to get up EARLY for a change...
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator
    I wouldn't mind being able to sleep past my normal 5:00 AM. Unfortunately the new kitten, the old dog, the noisy sun conyer and my classroom full of students all require my presence.

Rats!

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

I got ya beat.

:-)

I had 6.5 hours in at 11:30am. Been up since 3:40am. Straight from work to my photo class, made it home by 8:00pm. A pretty long day... I'm going to bed now.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Well, If the 20D sells for 1499, the Rebel for 899, you'd figure the 10D to be at 1199 hopefully, maybe even lower with the 20D not too much higher. And I dont know what canon's plans are, but I would expect the 10D to be retired once the 20D is out in large numbers. And if its going off the shelf, it'll be very cheap just to clear inventory

11:30?! We have two dogs that won't let both of us sleep past 6 and aren't afraid to make their feelings known. Gotta take care of all three main functions in life - eat, sleep, poop. Sometimes one of us gets an extra hour or two sometimes!

Since the new Canon is coming out I'd expect the 10D's price to be cut. Less than half the price it was a month ago is probably too good to be true, but 1200 sounds reasonable. May go a little lower as 20D's become easier to get. I see Calumet has them in stock, at least with the kit lens. That was according to an email from them over the weekend - they may be gone by now though. Also, just because the 20D came out doesn't mean the 10D is any less of a camera. It's still a very good tool. Fuji is supposedly coming out with an S3 which will replace the S2 that I have, but I don't plan to upgrade at this point.

Scam, scam, scam, scam

(Sung to to the Spam tune, hee hee)

I agree with Charles, it is probably a scam or a bait and switch. Or possibly the price is for a refurbished camera. If you saw it on eBay, I wouldn't trust the seller for a second.

Spike

The camera...that old adage, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Too many scams, bait & switch, you name it, are out there waiting for eager photogs with credit card in hand. When teh 20D hits the market, the 10D's price will drop, but not to $600-700. Now go back to sleep...time for an afternoon nap. Me, I have another 2.5 hours of work. :-)

Thread Information