ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: I Love Nevada

I Love Nevada

I think I'm going to have to put together a whole Basin and Range gallery. I've been driving across Northern Nevada a lot and I like it more every time - especially the Humboldt and Ruby Mountain ranges, near Elko.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I Love Nevada-_mg_3123-edit.jpg   I Love Nevada-_mg_3175-edit.jpg   I Love Nevada-_mg_3191-edit.jpg  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: I Love Nevada

I can see why!

With scenery like this what's not to like. You are right in time for Almo's monthly project thread. These are gorgeous images of part of the country I've never been fortunate enough to see. Thanks for sharing them John.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

photo gallery Mod. starriderrick's Avatar

Cool Re: I Love Nevada

Excellent John !

Don't forget about the S.F.night photo get together :thumbsup:

Ah, I love Nevada too. Especially around the Lake Tahoe area. I'm going to California and Nevada soon (mostly around the lake), and I'm hoping to get some good shots with my new XTi. We used to have a vacation house in Cali right next to the Nevada border. I love how you can go from a lush green mountainous landscape to a desert like flat landscape just by driving a few miles.

Beautiful shots. I also love the composition of your Mountain Biking pictures on your other thread by the way.

Those are beautiful pictures and it is a great mountain range to photograph. Right now the east side of the sierra's are very colorful. We had snow up there about a week ago, so I don't know how many of the leaves have fallen. The aspen groves still look nice though. From what I've heard...Tahoe is beautiful right now. Hey...if you're ever in the Reno area - let me know.

Just Came Back

Just came back from Downieville, on Hwy 49. Been there the last two weekends. The trees are going crazy right now! Probably won't make it back to Nevada for a while. Might be in Tahoe to ski this winter, though.

And if you ever come to the Bay Area - let us know. There are a bunch of PhotographyREVIEW.com members and we do like to get together to eat and take pictures
    Photo-John

As Toot said, the foliage is great in Nevada right now. And it's great in the Sierras, too. The aspens should be beautiful at Tahoe. Not sure how long it will last, though. One good storm and they'll probably be done for the season. I think they should be at their peak right now.

Please post a review for your XTi. I think we only have a couple reviews for the XTi so far.

Read and write Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi reviews >>

Glad you like the photos. Thanks in advance for the review!
    Photo-John

Smile Re: I Love Nevada

I use to go over to the redwoods quite often, but this has been a very tough year to make it anywhere. I'll definately keep my ears open for a get together more towards spring/summer. Sounds like fun. It would be nice to meet some of you out there.

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Nevada = very underrated state You gotta stop posting shots like these or people will start flocking!

I used to love driving rt 50 across the state. Haven't done it in years though.
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Thread Information