ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

I give you a double dose

These are pictures of some of the framed photography I had at my first festival this past weekend. I don't know if I have ever mentioned it but I also do woodworking. The table the pictures are setting on I made back in 1991 and it still looks pretty good. So this is a double dose of my meager talents. The actual pictures are much better that what they look here, Jeff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I give you a double dose-dsc_4255-copy.jpg   I give you a double dose-dsc_4256-copy.jpg   I give you a double dose-dsc_4273-copy.jpg  
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Re: I give you a double dose

Hey Jeff,

You are really talented, beautiful table, and photos. Since you got a double dose of talent maybe you got my share?? :lol:
    Bill,

Feel Free TO EDIT My Photos, But Please Tell Me Why
    I have gone over to the dark side, no more film.
    Canon T2i, 18-135 IS
    Digital Point&Shot - Canon Powershot A470

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Give me a fine piece of mahogany and I'll end up with toothpicks if I'm lucky.
    Nice Jeff and are those your toys in the background?
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Do I remember you saying you bought your frames? Do you make any of your frames? The pictures and the table are quite nice! How did you do your table top? Planer, jointer, glue and router?? Did you do your own finish work? I bought a miter saw and am learning to make frames. I have finally learned to do a pretty decent 45. My husband and I are strange, I guess -- he likes to shop for clothes and I like woodworking!

Your editing is welcomed. A picture is worth...

All can look. Few will see. Less will know.

The Truth can be anything it will. I just want to know Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Shebang
    Do I remember you saying you bought your frames? Do you make any of your frames? The pictures and the table are quite nice! How did you do your table top? Planer, jointer, glue and router?? Did you do your own finish work? I bought a miter saw and am learning to make frames. I have finally learned to do a pretty decent 45. My husband and I are strange, I guess -- he likes to shop for clothes and I like woodworking!
    I used four boards to make the top and they were put together using my table saw with a molding head that had glue joint knives in it. The pedestal is seven boards glued together and turned on my lathe. The feet are made of three boards glued together and cut on my band saw. I did do al the work myself including the finish work and I might add that this table is in it's original condition and has not had anything done to it since I made it.

As far as the frames, I purchased them from Hobby Lobby but do plan on trying to start making my own frame before too long. We'll see how that goes and if I do I will post some pictures to let everyone see how they came out, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaw
    ...So this is a double dose of my meager talents...

Seems to me to be an understatement!

Your editing is welcomed. A picture is worth...

All can look. Few will see. Less will know.

The Truth can be anything it will. I just want to know Truth.

Thread Information