ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I feel ill...

WOW..the migration has started....

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian
    My 50mm EF f/1.8 II will be here Wednesday, I should be picking up the 10D Thursday or Friday...is this really happening???
    I think you are making the move based on a lot of facts and a better workflow. Nothing wrong with that and two, the Canon Pro digital equipment feels just as good as Nikon.

I look forward to seeing your progress on the switch to a different camera system. but, I have three totally different systems and it just takes a little time to get over the learning curve. I think you made a wise move.

Loren
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

* Any photographer worth his salt has 10,000 bad negatives under his belt. - Ansel Adams

Different Purposes

Quote Originally Posted by prbowhay

Anyway, instead of continuing on with Nikon (I was considering the D70), now I'm starting to lean more and more towards the Canon 1D MKII.

I thank you for your influence and, I cheer you and wish you the best for your new Canon purchase!

As always -- My Best to You,
    Penny
    Penny, you may still want to get the D70. It's not the MkII which is a true pro camera, but it's very heavy. The D70 from all accounts is an excellent camera and should provide very good results. Unless you need 8 frames per second and a Titatium chassis then I don't think the D70 is a bad choice.

My co-worker who shoots Canon and has a ton of glass for Canon, just bought the D70. He's expecting his next week but the weight/performance and ergonomics made him choose the D70.

Loren "I only shoot Nikon film cameras" Crannell
    my other camera is a Kodak.
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

* Any photographer worth his salt has 10,000 bad negatives under his belt. - Ansel Adams

Well, the 50mm is here...no distance readout...no aperture ring...how am I supposed to use this thing?? Plastic mount, but at least they give you a nice rear cap. Honestly, pretty well built, with a surprisingly well dampened focusing ring.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information