I feel ill...

Printable View

• 02-24-2004, 11:21 PM
    racingpinarello
    WOW..the migration has started....
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian
    My 50mm EF f/1.8 II will be here Wednesday, I should be picking up the 10D Thursday or Friday...is this really happening???

I think you are making the move based on a lot of facts and a better workflow. Nothing wrong with that and two, the Canon Pro digital equipment feels just as good as Nikon.

I look forward to seeing your progress on the switch to a different camera system. but, I have three totally different systems and it just takes a little time to get over the learning curve. I think you made a wise move.

Loren
  • 02-24-2004, 11:29 PM
    racingpinarello
    Different Purposes
    Quote:

Originally Posted by prbowhay

Anyway, instead of continuing on with Nikon (I was considering the D70), now I'm starting to lean more and more towards the Canon 1D MKII.

I thank you for your influence and, I cheer you and wish you the best for your new Canon purchase!

As always -- My Best to You,
    Penny

Penny, you may still want to get the D70. It's not the MkII which is a true pro camera, but it's very heavy. The D70 from all accounts is an excellent camera and should provide very good results. Unless you need 8 frames per second and a Titatium chassis then I don't think the D70 is a bad choice.

My co-worker who shoots Canon and has a ton of glass for Canon, just bought the D70. He's expecting his next week but the weight/performance and ergonomics made him choose the D70.

Loren "I only shoot Nikon film cameras" Crannell
    my other camera is a Kodak.
  • 02-25-2004, 10:31 PM
    Sebastian
    Well, the 50mm is here...no distance readout...no aperture ring...how am I supposed to use this thing?? Plastic mount, but at least they give you a nice rear cap. Honestly, pretty well built, with a surprisingly well dampened focusing ring.