ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

The 10D is coming...

My cousin offered me 600 bucks for my Rebel body... and since used prices keep dropping, I figured I'd take it.

I had liked the Rebel, but wanted some of the features the 10D had. So now it's on it's way and I am sans camera for a few days.

Anything I need to know? I am sticking with Canon, I like them and all my gear is made for Canon, so it was either a Rebel, 10D, or sell my car to get a 1D M2... which I can't do.

I know there is the error 99 issue with the RAW files? I hope that isn't too serious, I always use RAW format. I use a Lexar 1g 40x card. Some have said it happens, others have not. This would be a serious setback if it occured.

Anytime I order something new, I am always scared it will be a lemon or have bad problems. Alot of you use a 10D and have said good things. We'll know once it gets here.

If any 10D users would like to comment, I'd appreciate it. I researched it quite a bit before I made the decision, but there are some things that only experiencing a camera for yourself can do. Thanks
    A good craftsman never blames his tools.

Congrats on the 10D. I don't think that any camera is perfect, even the high-end DSLRs. On dpreview.com, I know that some users had some focus issues with their 10Ds but it wasn't a universal problem, but the image quality is supposed to be top-notch. Let's see some images when you get it. :-)

Fri-Sun, I am committing to taking 1000 shots, maybe do Snow Canyon Friday, Zion and Bryce Sat-Sun.

I read all the reviews... its always mixed. 4.somthing out of 5 isn't bad. People were saying the images are soft... buts its the same CMOS is the Rebel, and I am using the same lenses as I did with the Rebel, so who knows.
    A good craftsman never blames his tools.

I did the same upgrade

I could not be any happier. I know they use the same sensor but I had both for several months and I could always count on the 10D giving me the best shots. Maybe I will run into you Sunday I am going to try to hit Bryce Canyon. I will look for the guy with the new 10D and the big smile on his face.

Thread Information