ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Unhappy Home from Hospital

Sorry to be gone from the forums for so long, I missed them, yes even Paula the Okie.

A drunk driver jumped a curb and hit me while I was walking on the side walk 1/9/2010, and I was released from the hospital yesterday afternoon, after 2 1/2 weeks. I will try to participate in forums as much as possible.
    Bill,

Feel Free TO EDIT My Photos, But Please Tell Me Why
    I have gone over to the dark side, no more film.
    Canon T2i, 18-135 IS
    Digital Point&Shot - Canon Powershot A470

Re: Home from Hospital

oh my god !!!

glad you can be telling us about this, get well soon !!!

Very sorry to hear about your accident. You have been missed here at the PR forums. Glad you are back in circulation and hope that your recovery is speedy and complete.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Wow, that's awful! Glad to hear that you're out of the hospital. Here's hoping the rest of 2010 will make it up to you.

I was wondering where you were...

Armando, OT, & Draymorton,

Thanks for your thoughts, I was in a coma for almost a week (no pain ), and have several broken bones, so no photography and one hand typing for now, but I will be OK with time. The worst part was one of my A1s with the 35-105 attached were smashed flat, and of course the idiot did not have insurance.
    Bill,

Feel Free TO EDIT My Photos, But Please Tell Me Why
    I have gone over to the dark side, no more film.
    Canon T2i, 18-135 IS
    Digital Point&Shot - Canon Powershot A470

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

That's awful, Bill! I hope your recovery is fast so we can see some more of your great work.
    Must be a bit of a chore typing with one hand, but we'll be glad to hear from you when you get the chance.

Drunk drivers are a plague on all of us and I bet no individual here hasn't had involvment with one or more in their life; and all too often tragic.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Bill,

My most sincere get well wishes to you and hope the family is managing to cope with your recovery. I bet it was tough on them when they found out.

Roger R.
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Coma?! Oh my god. Glad you're back with us. Sorry to hear about the A1, too. Hopefully the offender hasn't escaped justice...

Quote Originally Posted by w.slayman
    Armando, OT, & Draymorton,

Thanks for your thoughts, I was in a coma for almost a week (no pain ), and have several broken bones, so no photography and one hand typing for now, but I will be OK with time. The worst part was one of my A1s with the 35-105 attached were smashed flat, and of course the idiot did not have insurance.

Jeez, wondering where you had been and to find out this is what happened is horrible. No insurance from the bum either, . . .
    Glad your making it through this and will be around for many years to enjoy your newest addition to the family. Get well soon, all the best.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Holy cow! Glad you survived. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Wow! So pleased you are still here to tell the tale! Get well soon Bill.x

Liz

Bill,

I'm very sorry to hear of your accident, and that you were in the hospital so long. Thank God you're home! I will say a special prayer that you will have a quick and complete recovery.

Is there not some kind of insurance or way to get some coverage for your medical and other expenses?

God bless you - it's good you're home and doing relatively well considering the circumstances - not so much for your A1!

Liz

Glad to have you back, I will be praying for a fast and complete recovery, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oh, no! I thought you must have run off to see the new baby. So glad to hear you survived and are at least well enough to let us know what happened. You and your family are in my prayers. Speedy recovery and blessings to you.

Your editing is welcomed. A picture is worth...

All can look. Few will see. Less will know.

The Truth can be anything it will. I just want to know Truth.

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers, as far as the medical bills I have Medicare and a Supplement that pays 100% of what Medicare does not. So I am OK on the money front except for the camera and lens. I will not replace the camera as I have another A1, and the 35-105mm is not terribly expensive.

I talked to the police and the driver has been charged with DUI 3rd offense, driving on a revoked license, no insurance, and leaving the scene. The county attorney said that he will not deal and is going for the max. So the driver is very deep "do do".

I hope to be back to normal or close enough to go to Brazil on the 10th of March, and get lots of great shots.

Again, thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Bill

Thread Information