ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Question New Gallery Home Page Question

I am thinking about changing the main gallery page to one that just shows the most recent photos. What do you guys think? Here's what that page looks like:

http://gallery.photographyreview.com...r=&catdrop=503

And here's what the current gallery index looks like:

http://gallery.photographyreview.com/index.php

I like seeing all the new photos first, and being able to scroll through new photos, chronologically. Categories are a secondary interest for me. GIve me your feedback.

Thanks-
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

I like the new version. why.....

because I get "cannot open ..../index.php" errors with my IE on the old format. Operation Aborted.

I've had this problem for a bit on most of the galleries and review sections. I know you've told us how to fix it, but I've been busy and have waited until now to ask.

(I'm pulling the "trigger" on something big tomorrow. )

Liz

Yes and no......other option?

John,
    I like the new one with one exception. I noticed that many of the photos are from one poster/photographer (today it happens to be Nat). My comment has nothing to do with the photographer or his/her photos. Today it just happens to be Nat's images, which in fact, always attract a lot of views which is a GOOD thing. However, tomorrow it may be someone else - like me that will post more than I usually do. I just wondered if it's possible to get a little more diversified since it is being viewed as the first page. Is there any way to post the latest photo in each category?

Just tell me if this is a stupid nit-pik, but as a first page I just wondered if you might consider something more diversified.

At any rate, please take the comment with a grain of salt everyone. Nothing personal!

Liz

I like to view the recent images, but I find myself going to the different categories...each of us has certain interests, and I enjoy viewing the portrait/people/street work more than the other types...especially mountain biking. JUST KIDDING.

So that's a vote for leaving it as is? Or you want me to limit it to only mountain bike photos? Boy, that would be great!
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

I kind of like things the way they are, but hey, I'll even check out your mountain bike shots once in awhile. :-)

I agree with Liz

I noticed that too and it was kinda weird...and as much as I like things to be about me I also want to have people check out the site and have exposure (no pun intended) to the full range of photo s available....

what about a pic(most recently posted) from each category to open the site
    that way it's representative of the galleries available but still opens to images rather than words....just my two cents! or both

ex:
    Phtoto Critique (image)
    BW (image)
    Memeber galleries (image)

etc... two birds with one stone...ya know.
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Tough one!

Well, on the one hand, I like to check out galleries that are specific to my interests... i.e. the Toy Camera/Pinhole Gallery. On the OTHER hand, when I clicked on the link, I saw some *really* cool work that I would have most likely missed because it was in a gallery I don't have time to check very often or at all. So in THAT sense - it opens me up to other galleries I might not ordinarily frequent, and I get to see some really great work... well I guess I like the new way!

Megan

Thread Information