ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Talking Had big ego boost this weekend.

My wife and I did our first pet show last Sunday. We were advertising our Lure Coursing business and our photography business. Not only did we get a lot of leads, and gave away all the business cards and literature we had, everyone told me how great my photos were! My wife got a big kick out of this because she always insists that I devalue my skill too much. To top it off, there was one other Photographer there. She came over to visit our booth and was blown away. I told my wife that just means I'm better than her, not that I'm good (see what she means?). It was really nice getting such good feedback. I'm still painfully aware of how far I have to go, but maybe I have a chance at making this work! Mike

Re: Had big ego boost this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by AC_Photo
    My wife and I did our first pet show last Sunday. We were advertising our Lure Coursing business and our photography business. Not only did we get a lot of leads, and gave away all the business cards and literature we had, everyone told me how great my photos were! My wife got a big kick out of this because she always insists that I devalue my skill too much. To top it off, there was one other Photographer there. She came over to visit our booth and was blown away. I told my wife that just means I'm better than her, not that I'm good (see what she means?). It was really nice getting such good feedback. I'm still painfully aware of how far I have to go, but maybe I have a chance at making this work! Mike
    Congratulations on the ego boost. Those are nice to have. Now you need the confidence to go with your talent. It'll come in time.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

That is pretty cool, Mike. Congrats on all that and hope things work out for the two business ventures. Looks like we have the same problem according to those that know us best.
    "No man has the right to dictate what other men should perceive, create or produce, but all should be encouraged to reveal themselves, their perceptions and emotions, and to build confidence in the creative spirit." --Ansel Adams

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." --Ansel Adams

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

It's great when your delusions of inadequacy get blown away isn't it?
    I hope those cards and litgerature turn into leads ...
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Quote Originally Posted by SmartWombat
    It's great when your delusions of inadequacy get blown away isn't it?
    Yes, well all I have to do is look at the gallery pictures to get grounded again. We'll just have to see what happens. If I get one lead I'll be happy. Mike

Feels good, don't it?
    John

Quote Originally Posted by AC_Photo
    Congratulations Mike,

Have you posted any of your dog photos here? I haven't had a chance to search the posts very far back yet.

I hope the contacts you made at the show pay off handsomely!
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

I'm working on some photos for my website's gallery, and I'll post them here too. Hard to find time to work on my own stuff!

Thread Information