ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Greg McCary - Featured Member Article

I should have started doing featured member articles a long time ago. In fact, I've been meaning to but just never could prioritize it. But when Greg McCary made his 10,000th forum post I knew I had to take care of business.

Greg McCary: Featured Member Article >>

Greg is a special member of the site. He's a fantastic photographer, a moderator, and he went through a very painful photography-related accident and shared the experience with the community here on the site. I think most of you probably know Greg but in case you don't, or if you're newer and want to know more - please check out the article I wrote about him. I also encourage everyone to take a closer look at his photography. I included a few of my favorites from his gallery in the article but it's worth taking the time to really dig through his photos. His photos deserve a lot more attention.

Thanks for looking!
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Liz

Re: Greg McCary - Featured Member Article

John....................

Thanks for the opportunity to acknowledge - and honor - Greg McCary. Greg has had a challenging road to walk, especially during those many months of pain and recuperation following his accident.

I love his style of photography, and I view most of his threads and photos and have gleaned good information, advice and encouragement all along the way.

Greg is one of my favorite photographers, and a good friend.

Liz

ETA: I posted this as a comment under the Article. On my monitor, the comment is not showing. However, my name/info is showing. I tried a 2nd time to post the comment and got a message. "you already said that."
    Olympus E-M5 digital camera
    Olympus E-PL5
    Lenses
    Olympus
    45mm/f1.8, 40-150

Panasonic
    14-45
    25mm/f1.4
    14mm/f2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    ETA: I posted this as a comment under the Article. On my monitor, the comment is not showing. However, my name/info is showing. I tried a 2nd time to post the comment and got a message. "you already said that."
    I checked the article comments to see if there were any that hadn't been approved and there weren't. Do you know if you were using the Facebook comments or the WordPress comments? Did you notice that there are two ways to comment?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John View Post
    I checked the article comments to see if there were any that hadn't been approved and there weren't. Do you know if you were using the Facebook comments or the WordPress comments? Did you notice that there are two ways to comment?
    John - It was WordPress. I am not a Facebook member. I see my name "Liz" and my email address is still there, but no comment. I had removed my email address, but it popped up again.

Liz
    Olympus E-M5 digital camera
    Olympus E-PL5
    Lenses
    Olympus
    45mm/f1.8, 40-150

Panasonic
    14-45
    25mm/f1.4
    14mm/f2.5

Speaking as a relatively new member - thanks for this! I think "featured member articles" is a great idea and I look forward to more of them.

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

Very Cool! Congrats to Greg! (I enjoyed the brief stay that Ruffus had with me)
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

A well-deserved congratulations Greg!
    I have no intention of tiptoeing through life only to arrive safely at death.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Congratulations to Greg, again.
    Not only one of my favorite photographes but one of my favorite people too.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Congratulations Greg, John picked a worthy person to start the series off with! Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Good little writeup and of course great photos from Greg. Nice to know a little more about you Greg!

Greg images are always worth a look and his continued support of PR over the years has been great. You could not have picked a better member to feature. Congrats to Greg and I like others look forward to more features of PR regulars that contribute so much to making this a successful site.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Thanks everyone. I told John via E-mail this place really helped me during my rehab. Knowing I had that many well wishers really made me work harder. Also 95% of my inspiration comes from the best group of photographers around, the Photography Review members. Thanks for being such caring people.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thread Information