ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Gotta Love NY!

Liz

Gotta Love NY!

Today I went to NYC - first time I've had a photography afternoon in NY since last Fall! Just a few snaps from this afternoon's walk to Times Square and 42nd Street.

Liz

Re: Gotta Love NY!

Liz great colors on #2. the dog looks like he has his eyes on something!
    Jimmy B

The color on #2 looks good but to me the WB seems off on the others. Looks like a greenish or bluish tint on them to me, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaw
    The color on #2 looks good but to me the WB seems off on the others. Looks like a greenish or bluish tint on them to me, Jeff
    Jeff! YOU ARE WONDERFUL!

Thank you! I did not notice this on the LCD screen. It was not untiI I posted that I knew something was off, but chalked it up to "new camera inexperience" and let it go! After reading your post, I went back and checked the white balance on the effected photos - and the white balance was set to "Manual."

I must have inadvertently clicked the wrong button or moved something because I never consciously set it to manual - and I did not choose a setting in the manual mode. Actually No. 2 was the only one I did a little post processing on because it was way too dark - even on the LCD screen. The others were straight out of camera.

THANK YOU! I am much relieved that it was me and not the camera!

Liz

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

Only been to NYC once, loved it, spent way too little time there. This year in October I hope to go back, and spend a couple days there!

Great shots btw Liz!
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    Jeff! YOU ARE WONDERFUL!

Thank you! I did not notice this on the LCD screen. It was not untiI I posted that I knew something was off, but chalked it up to "new camera inexperience" and let it go! After reading your post, I went back and checked the white balance on the effected photos - and the white balance was set to "Manual."

I must have inadvertently clicked the wrong button or moved something because I never consciously set it to manual - and I did not choose a setting in the manual mode. Actually No. 2 was the only one I did a little post processing on because it was way too dark - even on the LCD screen. The others were straight out of camera.

THANK YOU! I am much relieved that it was me and not the camera!

Liz
    That's great that it was an easy fix. They just were not up to the level of quality that we expect and get from you so I thought it was worth mentioning, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Always love your street photography Liz. New York is so different from the small town that I live in and you help bring it to life for me.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaw
    That's great that it was an easy fix. They just were not up to the level of quality that we expect and get from you so I thought it was worth mentioning, Jeff
    Thanks for the kind words Jeff.

Liz

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Always love your street photography Liz. New York is so different from the small town that I live in and you help bring it to life for me.
    Thank you Larry! Yes, NY is quite the place - it is never boring. There are always plenty of those "only in NY" surprises - not to mention plenty of photo ops. I never tire of just walking up 5th Avenue, or down 42nd Street - or just hanging out around Times Square.

And, it's always a pleasure to share the fun on PR!

Liz

Thread Information