ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    A loooong way from 1000! Cowgirl's Avatar

Getting spring fever

I can't wait for the wildflowers this spring here in central Texas. With the recent rains, I am hoping that this may be the start of a nice season. Its been very dry the last few months.

Anyway, we need a good year around here!

Kathy
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ahhh, the bluebonnets and Indian paint brush(I think?) of the hill country. One of the sights I miss from my years in Texas. Beautiful shot, thanks for sharing.

jeff
    Diplomacy is the art of letting someone have your way.

Ghost
    I love that mix of colors. Red green and blue/purple all mixed together. It makes me happy and wishing that I was sitting on that fence.

Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Ash
    I love that mix of colors. Red green and blue/purple all mixed together. It makes me happy and wishing that I was sitting on that fence.
    After taking a second look, I realized that's not a fence I want to be sitting on!!!

Spring fever always hits me pretty bad about this time of year. For some reason, I run out of ideas for photographing dirty, half melted snow and grey skies. But I'm OK, really...!

Great shot, similar to what I had in mind last year when I was down in your area. I never got anything that good though! I'll have a couple days in Houston at the end of April after my class - and disappointed that I won't be able to get to Austin and west this time.

A loooong way from 1000! Cowgirl's Avatar
    Thanks! Yes these are bluebonnets, paintbrush, and a few chickweed. I took this photo in 2001. So far, in my area, the colors haven't been very good since. Its just been too dry during their growing season.

I really do hope that this year will produce a brillant show of color.

Very recently, an advertising company purchased one-time rights of a similar image. I'm am very excited about the sale, and want to build up my 'inventory' of wildflower images. Hopefully more offers like that will come along!

Kathy

Thread Information