Getting spring fever

Printable View

• 02-15-2004, 10:10 PM
    Cowgirl
    1 Attachment(s)
    Getting spring fever
    I can't wait for the wildflowers this spring here in central Texas. With the recent rains, I am hoping that this may be the start of a nice season. Its been very dry the last few months.

Anyway, we need a good year around here!

Kathy
  • 02-15-2004, 10:42 PM
    jeff_in_ak
    Ahhh, the bluebonnets and Indian paint brush(I think?) of the hill country. One of the sights I miss from my years in Texas. Beautiful shot, thanks for sharing.

jeff
  • 02-15-2004, 11:39 PM
    Trevor Ash
    I love that mix of colors. Red green and blue/purple all mixed together. It makes me happy and wishing that I was sitting on that fence.
  • 02-15-2004, 11:40 PM
    Trevor Ash
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor Ash
    I love that mix of colors. Red green and blue/purple all mixed together. It makes me happy and wishing that I was sitting on that fence.

After taking a second look, I realized that's not a fence I want to be sitting on!!! :) :) :) :) :)
  • 02-16-2004, 09:30 AM
    another view
    Spring fever always hits me pretty bad about this time of year. For some reason, I run out of ideas for photographing dirty, half melted snow and grey skies. But I'm OK, really...!

Great shot, similar to what I had in mind last year when I was down in your area. I never got anything that good though! I'll have a couple days in Houston at the end of April after my class - and disappointed that I won't be able to get to Austin and west this time.
  • 02-16-2004, 09:32 PM
    Cowgirl
    Thanks! Yes these are bluebonnets, paintbrush, and a few chickweed. I took this photo in 2001. So far, in my area, the colors haven't been very good since. Its just been too dry during their growing season.

I really do hope that this year will produce a brillant show of color.

Very recently, an advertising company purchased one-time rights of a similar image. I'm am very excited about the sale, and want to build up my 'inventory' of wildflower images. Hopefully more offers like that will come along!

Kathy