ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Framed Grandson

Pentax Forum Moderator

Talking Framed Grandson

Hi all...here is another picture of my new grandson. I would like a few comments on my presentation if you don't mind. All I did was crop it, soften the edge and frame it. I liked the gray frame but wasn't sure if I should have gone slightly darker. Didn't want to detract from the main point of the pic which is the pacifier sucking grandson...hehehehe
    Hope you all like him and the pic. For all those who responded to my previous post...I have a thank you and a response to you there.
    Proud Grandpa Ken
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Framed Grandson

Beautiful young man. I like your presentation idea. I would have like to see him without the bink in his mouth, just covers up to much of the cute face. Everyone told me how much grandparent hood would mean to me, but until it happens you just have not idea. My grandson will be 3 months old the first of next week. They grow so quickly it is hard to believe. Enjoy every minute with you grandson.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Liz

Hi Grandpa Ken,

This was very well done IMHO. Beautiful baby.....I agree with OT - sneak in a get one without the binky. ;)

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    Hi all...here is another picture of my new grandson. I would like a few comments on my presentation if you don't mind. All I did was crop it, soften the edge and frame it. I liked the gray frame but wasn't sure if I should have gone slightly darker. Didn't want to detract from the main point of the pic which is the pacifier sucking grandson...hehehehe
    Hope you all like him and the pic. For all those who responded to my previous post...I have a thank you and a response to you there.
    Proud Grandpa Ken

Pentax Forum Moderator

Thank you both very much...and I will be posting more without the pacifier. I posted this one as I had been seeing alot of pictures on here with frames and I started playing and testing and came up with this and I really liked the shadows and the way all the colors sort of blended just right. I guess I was looking for a bit of a critique...without putting this in critique forum...on my presentation rather than the picture itself...Also, I have managed to capture a few shots without the binky and will definitely post them...hehehe....again Thanx for the comments so far...would like some more if any one has anything else to offer.
    Ken

Liz

Ken

I agree with you, the colors - and especially the white with the folds do blend in - I did notice that first thing, then forgot to say it.

I guess I was looking for a bit of a critique...without putting this in critique forum...on my presentation rather than the picture itself.

It's okay to request a "sort of critique" here; however, I believe you will get much more of the kind of critique you're looking for - and more specific response to your request if you post in the critique forum. This forum is more like a "living room - community" place where we can ooohhh and aaaaahhhh over the baby and his grandpa.

Liz

Thread Information