ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Flowers

Flowers

So, I was so impressed with Alison and her flower shot that I decided that i would try out my Canon extension tube fd 25 with the primes I got at the same time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flowers-burnt-edges.jpg   Flowers-journey.jpg   Flowers-blue-light.jpg   Flowers-edges.jpg  
    "I don't like lizards", Frank Reynolds.

"At one time there existed a race of people whose knowledge consisted entirely of gossip", George Carlin.

Re: Flowers

I had a 28, 35, 100, and 135 at F2.8 and a 24 F2.0 lense matched to the FD25 extension tube. I shot four rolls. One B&W Ilford. The other three were Kodak "HD" film. It is supposed to be the highest resolution 400 color film on the market. This was without a doubt the hardest photography I have tried. The aperture, focal length and lighting need to be precise. The main problem I encountered was the lack of a decent tripod. This fact severely restricted my perspective. I shot everything on my light table, with a sheet of wax paper underneath to diffuse the backlight. I used a 100 watt bulb in a desk lamp to provide the main light. It was a mistake.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flowers-samuriflower.jpg   Flowers-tye-dye.jpg  

"At one time there existed a race of people whose knowledge consisted entirely of gossip", George Carlin.

Wow! Thank you so much! To know that I am making an impression,
    and for it to be on a subject where my strength is virtually non-existant, it's wonderful.
    Although, they are a little soft and the compositions need a little work, you got some beautiful flower shots there :thumbsup:

I agree, I think there are some nice shots, where I tried color as a focal element, but I think you are dead on. The softness was something I was fighting in every shot. Finally I gave in and did a shot completely out of focus. Film will always display softness in out of focus areas in a different way than digital cameras. I am inspired by inspiring photography. You are one of at least ten photographers that has made an impression on me since I have come here. I guess it is time for me to get a decent tripod.

Thread Information