ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: The Firemen

The Firemen

We had a major fire in downtown this morning. I got some of the standard fire shots, but I also tried to get a few of the firemen themselves.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Firemen-dsc_0714-2-640.jpg   The Firemen-dsc_0563-2-640.jpg   The Firemen-dsc_0763-2-640.jpg   The Firemen-dsc_0747-3-crop-640.jpg   The Firemen-dsc_0771-2-640.jpg  

Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Re: The Firemen

Nice shots OT. These tell a better story than shots of the fire ever would! The strain and exhaustion show through quite clearly.
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

A few more...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Firemen-dsc_0665-2-640.jpg   The Firemen-dsc_0743-3-crop-640.jpg   The Firemen-dsc_0706-2-640.jpg   The Firemen-dsc_0654-2-640.jpg   The Firemen-dsc_0696-2-640.jpg  

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Great set of shots with each telling a story. Like I fly says, better than shooting the fire would have.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Liz

You captured some great shots, Larry. I agree with the other poster, the expressions and posture of the firemen tell the whole story. God bless all of our firemen as they do such an incredible job and their lives are always at risk.

Thanks for sharing these.........

Liz

This was a big fire by our standards. All the firemen are volunteers they risk their lives and give their time for no monetary gain. Our local fire department had to call in three other volunteer departments from the county in order to save this piece of property. As I hope you can tell from the pictures they expended a lot of effort and did a great job.

Nikon Samurai #13

That last set of shots conveys the exhaustion even more!!

Volunteer firefighters are truly heroes in my book. Risking lives and no pay. Wow.

Your photos do them some justice OT. Great job.
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

I'm just going to echo here..... These are amazing. I can feel the emotions from the fire fighters from you pics. Excellent OT!
    It's not blurry. It's bokeh.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 24-105mm EF f/4L IS
    Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 15mm F/2.8 EF Fisheye Lens
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite
    Canon 580EX Speedlite
    Canon EOS Rebel 300D

Thanks JETA. First time I have covered a fire in sometime. Most of these guys are my neighbors and friends. Nice to be able to pay tribute to them. I'm putting together a CD of images for them as well.

Nikon Samurai #13

I bet they'll love the cd. It seems like everytime I provided a cd of images taken at whatever sort of event, the people involved were super excited about getting some images of themselves "in action".
    Troy

www.troybates.com

Man how did I miss this one, great coverage and capture. Looks like the boys in the south are keeping it real. Must have been one heck of a fire. Do you have anymore, any shots of the building or trucks. I want more!!!

Great job.

How can I be lost
    If I've got nowhere to go?

Sony a55 16-50mm 2.8 ssm Minolta 50mm 70-300 dt 5.6

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson L. Sparks
    Man how did I miss this one, great coverage and capture. Looks like the boys in the south are keeping it real. Must have been one heck of a fire. Do you have anymore, any shots of the building or trucks. I want more!!!

Great job.
    I was wondering if you would throw on your boots and wad in on this thread. Thanks for the look and the comment. I have several more of the fire, I was just trying to stay with a theme on this post. I'll see if I can throw a few more together.

Nikon Samurai #13

Thread Information