ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Fast Food Nation

Anyone read it? Anyone heard of it?

I'm about halfway thru it, and it's one of the scariest books I've ever read. Things I could have never imagined, that are so horrific they belong in a Steven King book, are so much more commonplace than you would think.

On a similar note, we are planting a vegetable garden this year, and we had to start our tomato and pepper seeds in the house, and we have little sprouts. It's so exciting.

adina

I did read it last year. Pretty scary stuff, and it's real. I do shop at the local produce place that sells alot of organic stuff, but have to cave in to fast food sometimes (trying to stop that for alot of reasons). I bought the author's next book "Reefer Madness" but haven't gotten to it yet.

I've been thinking about growing tomatoes this year - baby steps! I do a good job with the weeds but that's about all so far.

Thread Information