ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Epson R800 Info

learning member

Epson R800 Info

Just wanted to let you know that after 7 months without making a print, the 800works perfect.I did have to change an ink cartridge, but i recall it needed changing when I stopped using it in Aug-Sept. I don't think you can beat the image quality, and maintenance does not seem to be an issue.
    Mark.

learning member

Re: Epson R800 Info

Quote Originally Posted by prbowhay
    Isn't it a great printer! Mine impressed me from day one and just keeps on doing so. Ya-a-ay Epson!!!

Best to You,
    Penny
    Thanks for posting Penny,
    I don't have things all profiled and i waste a lot of ink and paper to get great prints. are there any tips you can give me?
    Mark.
    Dye sub quality glossy! Yeay Epson!

Quote Originally Posted by prbowhay
    Isn't it a great printer! Mine impressed me from day one and just keeps on doing so. Ya-a-ay Epson!!!

Best to You,
    Penny
    My EPSON bites monkey butt. I must be using it wrong, but all my prints come out dark. Even when I lighten them so much that it becomes unatractive they come out so dak that there is no real detail. It sux!
    Last edited by almo; 04-19-2005 at 10:02 AM.
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Almo,

There are a lot of reports of the Epson R800 printing darkly. It only seems effect a small number of the printers. My friends was doing the same. My solution was to create custom parameters for their S410 and 300D. They are now very happy.
    My Canon S820 exhibits banding after 6 months of inactivity. I have performed the deep cleaning in the menu on it several times, no better. I have soaked the printer head in alcohol and I still can't get it to print correctly. It was making fantastic prints until I stored it for 6 months. I am glad to hear the Epson is showing no ill effects after a period of inactivity.
    Rule books are paper they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal. --Ernie Gann--
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. --Oscar Wilde--

Please Post a Review

Mark-
    Please post a review for your printer, if you haven't already. It's great to share your equipment experience on the forums. But the reviews are an organized, archived, and quantifiable tool for equipment research. And we need more printer reviews:

Epson R800 Review Page >>

Thanks!
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: Almo,

Quote Originally Posted by EOSThree
    There are a lot of reports of the Epson R800 printing darkly. It only seems effect a small number of the printers. My friends was doing the same. My solution was to create custom parameters for their S410 and 300D. They are now very happy.
    My Canon S820 exhibits banding after 6 months of inactivity. I have performed the deep cleaning in the menu on it several times, no better. I have soaked the printer head in alcohol and I still can't get it to print correctly. It was making fantastic prints until I stored it for 6 months. I am glad to hear the Epson is showing no ill effects after a period of inactivity.
    I guess I shoulda' mentioned that mine is an R200, but I am going to try the custom parameters for my D30.

Thanks!
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

I've heard good things about the R800. Good for glossy photos, and now the new 1800 is like a wide format R800. Nothing has replaced the 2200, which i have been extremely happy with.
    I did have a problem with my 2200 making dark images, and when I checked Epsons website i found an update for Windows XP using service pack 2. It said that users of service pack 2 will notice prints coming out darker than they appear on screen, and that the update download will resolve it. It did. I also use Epsons profiles that they offer on their site as they are better than the ones that ship with the printer. When using their profiles, my prints look exactly as they do on my screen. Check for any updates on your printer
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Thread Information