ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: dog days

dog days

I've spent the past day and a half at home sick, but late yesterday afternoon I got to feeling better so I figured I go to the local dog park and snap some pics. I got a few good shots when my head started pounding and had to go home. Fortunately, I feel much better today so thought I would post a few. Even got a couple of kids to pose for me. The pitbull looks ferocious, but she was a sweetheart as most are that aren't raised to be attack dogs.

Ray
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dog days-pitbull.jpg   dog days-boy.jpg   dog days-girl.jpg   dog days-beagle.jpg  

Liz

Cool Nice shots

All are nice, but my favorite is No. 3. It's awesome - you caught the action there, Ray, with the ball mid-air and the position of the dog. Nice dog too. Great shot. What lens were you using?

I hope you're feeling better. I'm still debating whether or not to go to NY. I can't afford it time wise, but you know how hard it is to work on Saturday!

Thanks for sharing your day......and your photos.

Liz

Thanks Liz! Yeah, that Beagle is a cutie. My favorite, though, has to be the freckled face girl. She got so curious that she actually came up to me and asked me what I was doing. She then wanted her picture taken, so I obliged.

Ray

I'm a sucker for little kids, so I also like your image of the girl...very natural smile, and your exposure got some nice life in her eyes. I also like the last one, with the beagle just about ready to catch up to the ball. Nice work.

Another great day with the Sigma's

Another great day with the Sigma's. I have said it before , but it bears repeating,"you are getting great results with the Sigma's." Love the shot of the beagle, great the way you got those ears flapping. The freckled face girl is adorable. Really nice catches. I need to get out of the garden and get to a park or play ground. You and Charles are getting some great shots there.

Thanks Charles! I can't resist taking kids' pictures, they are photogenic and full of life's innocence (well most of them anyways, lol). I appreciate your comments.

Old Timer, yes I am still amazed at how well many of my photos are coming out with using the sigma lenses. When I first purchased them my immediate concern was quality, fearing that there would be a lot of aberration that usually accompanies less expensive lenses. But they are proving to work out just fine and are producing pretty clear results. Glad I listned to Penny! Thanks for your encouraging words.

Ray

Thread Information