ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

A day of reflection

April 15th 1998, in a hospital downtown Columbus, my mother passed away. After years of battling diabetes, heart disease and kidney problems she passed away. My father followed her a few years later in 2003. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about my mom and dad. Both where too young to die, mom was 57 and dad 56. Due to my irresponsibility, my mother did get to see her grandchildren and man she loved them babies so.

I was only 24 when she passed away, I myself wasn't ready to let go of her yet. You see mom was my buddy, my friend. I spent a whole year angry, my poor wife had to put up with a lot. I took a while before I figured out that with her gone, I didn't have anyone to talk to. Not just talk to but someone to confide in and help when life got me down.

In someways I never got to know my father until she was gone. I spent many days helping him deal with the loss of my mother. Those two were inseparable, they were like the sun and moon. Dad was never happy without her. He tried dating but found it almost impossible.

Both of my parents were straight with god, both saved and lived great lives. It is hard to believe that it has been ten years. I use to love to hear them talk about their lives and how they managed to meet each other. Their stories are gone now, buried in a small cometary side by side they will be together for eternity.

wife tabby at grave (Small)

How can I be lost
    If I've got nowhere to go?

Sony a55 16-50mm 2.8 ssm Minolta 50mm 70-300 dt 5.6

Re: A day of reflection

my mom died in 89, my dad died about 13 years ago,there isn't a day that goes by when i think how much they would have loved my son,and hopefully they approve the way i brought up my son,single handedly,my world revolves around him,he is only 11 and yet hasn't matured enough to understand that i can only hold out for so long,so i treat our time together as special as i can,and when the time comes to reflect on me,there will be nothing to regret.live in the present,for you will always be a mirror image of your parents,thats how they will always live on in your heart.
    Nikon D300
    11mm-16mm tokina f2.8
    18mm-55mm
    55mm-200mm vr.
    Nikon F65
    28mm-80mm
    28mm-70mm
    Sony H5 p&s
    1.7 tele lens
    nikon sb-800
    nikon sb-600

Your Mother and Father did a good job raising you, You are a good man Tyson Sparks.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Your story makes this a very powerful image, it is wonderful how close they were to each other I hope that my relationship with my wife is half as strong as theirs was. Not all of there stories are gone because you just told a great one about them to us, thank you for sharing them with the world and especially me.
    Chris Johnson
    Nikon Samurai # 30 chrisjohnsonpic.com
    Nikon D2Xs, Nikon D50, SB-800, AF Nikkor 80-200 D ED f2.8, AF Nikkor 50 D f1.8, AF Nikkor 18-55 G ED f5.6

Thank you for taking the time to read it.

How can I be lost
    If I've got nowhere to go?

Sony a55 16-50mm 2.8 ssm Minolta 50mm 70-300 dt 5.6

Thread Information