ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Daughtry

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Daughtry

Went to the Arizona State Fair last night and checked out Daughtry for $7 It was a cool show. I wasn't a huge fan, but his voice sounded amazing live.

I shot these with my little p&s digital, and I was having to really crank this puppy hard to get good shots out of him. Set iso to 400, exposure compensation set to - 2 ev, spot metered on highlights, and shot wide angel to keep the f2.8 aperature open and motion blur to a minimum. At that, for a p&s handheld I think they came out okay

Toward the end of the show, he announced that this was the last show on his tour. It was cool to see him take a moment to gaze out at the audience and arena, obviously taking it all in. Like his music or not, this young man has had a meteoric rise and it was humbling to watch him soak in every last minute of what I believe was his first national tour. Cool stuff. In all its grainy goodness

No need to cc, these are just for fun. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Daughtry-tickets.jpg   Daughtry-inside.jpg   Daughtry-daughtry-3.jpg   Daughtry-daughtry-2.jpg   Daughtry-daughtry-6.jpg  

Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Re: Daughtry

These are pretty amazing considering the camera. You should post a link to this in the thread about "is it the camera or the photographer". While these aren't the same images you could have captured with a higher end camera, they do show you know how to use the equipment you had to capture some great images.
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Thread Information