ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Cruisin the Coast 2011

Two big events happen where I live in October. One is my birthday and the other is "Cruisin the Coast". Every year the Mississippi Gulf Coast has "Cruisin the Coast" where thousands of old cars come for a week and set up in the different cities for viewing and also Cruz along the beach showing off their cars. This year we had between five and six thousand show up along with many more thousands of spectators. If you like old cars I have posted five here with a link to my website. if you are interested the link will take you right to the cars gallery and I invite you to view the rest of the galleries on my site also. The streets were busy and the cars were close together but I did manage to get some fair shots, Jeff

To go straight to my gallery with the rest of the pictures click HERE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cruisin the Coast 2011-dsc_8758.jpg   Cruisin the Coast 2011-dsc_8773.jpg   Cruisin the Coast 2011-dsc_8830.jpg   Cruisin the Coast 2011-dsc_8839.jpg   Cruisin the Coast 2011-dsc_8840.jpg  

Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Re: Interested in old cars???

I really enjoyed the white and the blue cars

the fill flash worked wonders to bring out details , really nice shots !

Re: Interested in old cars???

The 55 looks like the one I had right after High School.
    But mine wasn't that shinny.
    Very nice shots

Re: Cruisin the Coast 2011

Be sure and check out the additional cars in my "Cruisin the Coast 2011" gallery on my website. There are a total of 78 pictures of cars in the gallery. Cars are required to be at least 25 years old to participate with a few exceptions. If you like old cars I think it will be worth you time to check out the rest of the cars in my gallery, Jeff

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing these, Jeff. The '55 BelAir is identical (except the wheels) to one our family had. Brings back some great memories!
    Ken

My Website: His Creation
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." Wayne Gretzky

If you like old cars you REALLY need to check out the rest of my pictures HERE.

That purple beast is really cool.
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

Wow I am very envious! I love photography of old cars! That would have been fantastic!

Great images, and hope you enjoyed it!

The total registered cars for Cruisin the Coast this year was 5,481. We have this event the first of October each year so if you like this viewing old cars, hearing great music and having fun you may want to check it out next year, Jeff

Thread Information