ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Colorado winter gallery

I just put up my first-ever winter gallery and thought I'd share. I had quite a bit of fun over the last three months that I'll probably do this again next year!

Anyway, here's a starter:

My favorite town, Telluride

27 more are here:

http://mycolorado.org/winter_2003-04.html

Note that it might not be to friendly to dial-uppers. Hope they pass the test!
    Last edited by Darren; 04-03-2004 at 02:25 PM.

Very nice! You do get around don't you

A loooong way from 1000! Cowgirl's Avatar
    WOW!! These are great! What adventures! I love that area, and can't wait to see it again! I've never been there during winter though. I esp. like your Silverton & Telluride images. There's just something 'magical' about that area.

I also like the Lake City area. I've been over Engineer Pass during the late summer. Lots of great mountains in the area.

Anyway, you did great! I'm glad that you enjoyed it!

Kathy

Hi Darren

These are some nice images. I remember perusing your site about a year ago, and I can definitely see an improvement in your photos. Looks like you're making good progress. I wish I could drive for an hour or two and see all of that stuff. Maybe in a year or so I'll be able to. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, folks! Glad you like 'em!

Jim, yeah, I do my fair share of driving around. I put on 2,350 miles in back-to-back weekend trips a couple weeks ago. I can't wait for summer gas prices!

Kathy, I agree with you wholeheartedly on the San Juans. It's my home away from home and I can't get enough of the area, myself.

Bob, I think I recall conversing with you awhile back. I definitely recall your site anyway. Oh, just looked and saw an entry of mine in your guestbook. So, yep, that confirms it! This spring and summer are going to be very busy with many more images for my archives! I'm looking forward to it.

Gene, thanks for the compliments and glad you liked some of the other stuff, too! I need to do an overhaul with my galleries to incorporate better shots, and also to rescan a number of the existing ones, as a number of those scans are pretty bad.

Thanks again!

Thread Information