ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: checkin in...

checkin in...

Hello all,
    I thought I'd pop in again and post some pics from Portland
    We've been here just over six months and its fantastic. I can't get enough of the rain, love the freak hail storms, and really enjoyed the blast of snow in January.
    This place is amazing. So many weather elements, so beautiful.
    The city of Portland is top notch. With their green programs, incredible public transport, and unique architecture and renovation we are enjoying it to the fullest.
    There have been so many amazing changes since we've moved here.

Here is a pic of the backyard, and my little friend Bambi who comes to visit often...

This last time, she let me get within 20 feet of her in my yard.

Here's a shot of downtown SW Portland, on my way to the PAM (Portland Art Museum).
    They happen to be a client of the firm I work for, and it was nice to start my day downtown in such a gorgeous city.

It looks like everyone on PR is doing well, and keeping busy
    Hope to be around on PR more...

-rebekah

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: checkin in...

Good to hear from you again !
    Glad it's all going so well after the move.
    Your yard, looks like a small wood not a yard - great for more photos
    Are those tram tracks in that last photo?
    How things go around, about the time I was born they were ripping up tram tracks and introducing buses over here. Now a few companies are putting trams back in again.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Quote Originally Posted by villenadecorte
    Hello all,
    I thought I'd pop in again and post some pics from Portland
    We've been here just over six months and its fantastic. I can't get enough of the rain, love the freak hail storms, and really enjoyed the blast of snow in January.
    This place is amazing. So many weather elements, so beautiful.
    The city of Portland is top notch. With their green programs, incredible public transport, and unique architecture and renovation we are enjoying it to the fullest.
    There have been so many amazing changes since we've moved here.

It looks like everyone on PR is doing well, and keeping busy
    Hope to be around on PR more...

-rebekah
    Well it's about damn time, Bekah. Geeze, have you been to busy with the chuck or what?

Protland, eh? I've been out there. I am quite jealous, the CRG is just awesome. As a nature nut I was in heaven out there. It was a few years before my rebirth into the world of film and CCDs so I don't have anything to show for my time out there.

I hope all is well. You certainly do have a beautiful yard, again, jealous.

Don't be a stranger, and hit me up on messenger when you get the time... :thumbsup:
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

So nice to hear from you Rebekah. Hope you will not stay away so long next time your input and images are much missed around the forums.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Hi Rebekah,

Missed your comments and photos.

In the middle photo is it just me that's seeing the face on the rumb of the dear?

Looks like you move to a lovely quiet area. and the back garden is; well what can I say; a forest.

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

I know...*hangs head* sorry... I've been very absent! I have to work for a living again ;) not all fun n photogs anymore! Im not teaching currently and back to my regular "corporate career" so the work life is nuts nuts nuts.
    the condo /brownstone is awesome, backs right up to a great wooded area. they dont fence yards much here, so i have two trellis style fences on either side separating me from my neighbors, but then absolutely no rear fence so i get real up close and personal with all the creatures here.
    so used to hearing loud cars wake me up... now its the loud woodpeckers, squirrels, and various gorgeous birds back there.... lots of camera fodder for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by villenadecorte
    so used to hearing loud cars wake me up... now its the loud woodpeckers, squirrels, and various gorgeous birds back there....
    Sounds great - and good to hear from you! Portland has always looked like a great place to live (slightly jealous...).

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Talking Re: checkin in...

:smilewinkgrin: :thumbsup:
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Thread Information