ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

catflap goes here

Angie's insisted on a new door, dunno what's wrong with the old one; was just fine for my Grandmother and probably not changed since the house was built in 1933.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails catflap goes here-p4220726.jpg  
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Re: catflap goes here

Quote Originally Posted by SmartWombat
    Angie's insisted on a new door, dunno what's wrong with the old one; was just fine for my Grandmother .
    I think this is a great idea giving the cat a door of her own. I think it is great that Angie is concerned about your grandmother. Some people when they get up in age are more possessive and just no longer like to share, especially with animals! Jeff LOL
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: catflap goes here

I bought the house when my Grandmother died, 26 years ago.
    I've been rather slow at renovating it.
    At least we got in double glazing and central heating, nearly doubled the size of the kitchen in the weeks before we got married. The night before the wedding I was taking up the parquet flooring (woodworm) and laying the carpet for the reception next day! Finished around 3am.
    Since then though, not done much.
    But now the endowment policy matured and I paid off the mortgage...
    Angie has kind of insisted that I replaced the back door, I did the front door before we married and put the old front door at the back to replace a simple Z-frame door of planks.
    I guess security wasn't a concern back in the '30s like it is today.

So to save us acting as cat slaves, Tess is getting her own door with built-in microchip reader so that she's the only cat that come in.
    We already had one of the bengals from across the road wander in, using her magnet to unlock the old electric catflap - and a catfight in the bedroom isn't the bast thing to wake up to. Tess is an old sanctuary rescue cat and does not share

So a few days varnishing, carving holes in a perfectly good door, fitting locks and stuff, ready for door hanging end of the week, I reckon once it's got 3 coats of varnish it'll be weather proof.
    And we'll be protected form our neighbours' cats.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Thread Information