ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Not-so-recent Nikon Convert livin4lax09's Avatar

Re: Camera Family Portrait

Quote Originally Posted by Ryguyinlj
    Here it is....
    Main system:
    Canon Digital Rebel with attached sigma 28-105 f/4-5.6
    Sigma 70-200 f/2.8

Backup: Canon Rebel xs n 35mm
    Sigma 70-300 f4-5.6
    Canon 35-80 f3.5-5.6

All are sitting on top of my pelican case

Not pictured:
    Canon FT (circa 1966) w/ 50mm f/1.8
    200mm f/3.5 (both are breach mount lenses)
    grr, I want that sigma 70-200. I'm saving up for one now, but all these expenses keep jumping out at me, so I have almost nothing.

There is only 1 camera in my family.

M4 + 35 summicron ASPH.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Camera Family Portrait-leica.jpg  

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

Well since I last posted there's been some addtions and subtractions from the family. Plus I didn't have a shot of all of them! So here we are, and updated one!

1 - Agfa, make unknown. This camera belonged to my mom's father, and then to my uncle, finally to my mom, and was her first camera. We still have photos taken with it in albums at home. I've never used it. It can take both landscape and portrait oriented shots.

2 - Minolta Hi-Matic 7s, my first camera, bought it at a garage sale for $5.00, I now use it as a loaner to people who want to try out with a manual focus camera. It's automatic, but you can set aperature and shutter speed manually.

3. Blacks Crestline C-60, the flash actually came with another camera, but since I don't use that camera, the Hi-Matic uses it.

4. Zenit-B, This russian camera is another garage sale buy, and acutally belonged to a member of my church before coming to me, through another person first. This was orignally purchased in East Germany.

5. Vivitar 85mm-205mm tele-zoom, I use this lens more than my fixed length telephoto, it's an MC mount lens I purchased it for $55.00 canadian off E-bay.

6. Solingor 200mm telephoto, fondly refered to as the 'stalker lens' it's one of the lens that I got when I purchased my SRT-102. I have a Skylight and a UV Haze filter for this lens

7. Minolta AutoPac 460T, this pocket camera has again never seen field use since the battery door is broken. I bought it to get an answer for a church car ralley. I can still buy film for it!

8. Kodak Brownie Hawkeye Flash, bought at, yes a garage sale for a mere $0.30, out of a box, it's in rather good condition, and is one of the older cameras in the collection, next to the Agfa of course.

9. Vivitar 2800 flash, when the plastic mount on my old Hanimex TZ-1 flash broke, this was the flash I got to replace it. It's really good, easy to use and set, and comes with various filters for the lens mount, I mainly keep a wide angle difuser on.

10. Minolta SRT-102, my current camera, this 1973 camera is an all manual SLR it took me awhile to figure it out, but I was able to get it working in great order. It takes great pictures. Attached to it is a 50mm lens, with a cokin A series filter system attached. for the Cokin I have a star filter. Also for this lens in normal threaded filters I have a SL-1A Polorizor, ND 0.3 and an 81A.

11. Minolta Riva 90 Zoom Date, It's your regular 35mm point and shoot with zoom lens camera. I still use this for snap shots, but I can still get good results. The lens is a 38mm-80mm zoom.

12. Ritoch Elnica 35M, another garage sale buy where I was mainly after the flash (the black's crestline) more than the camera. It's in great condition, except for the fact that the batteries are dead and hard to come buy. It's a fully automatic range finder camera, with manual focus and a 40mm lens

Missing from this photo since it was the camera taking the picture is an HP Photosmart 320, I use this mainly for quick work on websites and just fast snapshots at small events where I don't have film in another camera.

I also use Adobe Photoshop 7.0 and an HP ScanJet 3500 scanner to put photos on the Internet.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Axle; 03-21-2005 at 08:27 PM.
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Quote Originally Posted by livin4lax09
    grr, I want that sigma 70-200. I'm saving up for one now, but all these expenses keep jumping out at me, so I have almost nothing.
    I actually got mine second hand from a photographer I know. It had been dropped and there was a small scratch on the lens and the zoom ring is a tad sticky on one end but it is still sharp and works fine for now. *knocks on wood*

If you don't need that extra f stop take a look at the canon 70-200 f/4. A few fellow skim photographers shoot with it and love it. It's just as sharp as my sigma, maybe even a tad sharper.

-Ryon

yeah the extra f stop is the reason I'm looking into it.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Here is the newest member of my family. Just arived from the stork, aka, B&H.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Camera Family Portrait-crw_4107_jfr.jpg  
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

keep it alive! new members, new family portraits!

Somewhere north of US 10 and east of Wausau, WI, USA

My Camera Family

Sean Massey
    Massey Photography

Canon 20D
    Canon Digital Rebel XT (backup)
    Canon 70-200 f/2.8L
    Canon 50mm f/1.4
    Sigma 28-105 f/2.8-4.0
    Epson Stylus Photo R1800 Printer

Blog:
    IT 4 Photography

Boy how did you guys dig this post up? I started this nearly a year ago. I thought it had died a natural death by now. Nice families by the way. I aways enjoy seeing others equipment. I need to update mine I've added another Nikon body and a lens since I took that pictures.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

let's get this going again! I love this thread!

A: canon 1d
    B: canon 70-200mm f/2.8
    C: canon 430ex
    D: Tamron 19-35mm
    E: canon 50mm f/1.8
    F: extra battery
    G: Canon rebel ti
    H: sigma 1.4x TC
    I: radio slaves
    J: mini tripod
    K: cable release
    L: flashcards (3x512, 1x1gb)
    M: bogen tripod
    N: big crappy tripod
    O: one lightstand
    P: comfortable gloves for cold weather games!
    Q: macbook w/ 2.0 ghz, 1gb RAM
    R: and last but not least, what every sports shooter needs. a 30gb video ipod.

oh and of course this was taken with my point and shoot. aka an lg vx8300 cell phone.
    Last edited by livin4lax09; 11-28-2006 at 08:59 PM.

let's get this going again! I love this thread!
    Boy your really went digging to get this one didn't you. I started this thread nearly two years ago. I realize that there are a lot of PR posters now that were not around back then. I'd like to see their camera family portraits as well. I also after going back and looking at my original post realize that my family of cameras has grown in the last couple of years too. It's time for another family reunion. I'll have to see if I can get everyone together for a reunion shot. Thanks for reviving this forgotten thread Brent.

And come on every one lets see your camera family.

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Soon, I will have to submit another camera family portrait...
    There are changes about with my camera gear...
    Brian
    :thumbsup:
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

Yeah, I'll have to gather the family to do a new portrait. I found my last post in this one, wow, I mean, wow has my camera family changed.

The SRT-102 and Hi-Matic 7s have both gone on to new homes, the Riva has passed on also. And I've had several additions. The Ranger Ensign II, the Pentax ME Super, the X-7A and it's kit, the Nikon F80, and the Panasonic Lumix FZ7, the laptop, two tripods, and the most recent is a monopod.

Photos to follow
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

I'm still trying to find my old Zenit-EM and the 135mm prime and extension tube set and flashes that I used to use when I was a teenager.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Quote Originally Posted by SmartWombat
    I'm still trying to find my old Zenit-EM and the 135mm prime and extension tube set and flashes that I used to use when I was a teenager.
    I had my first SLR stolen in December of 1971. It was a Pentax H1a. I found one on E Bay about a year ago and bought it. My camera cabinet feels complete again.

Nikon Samurai #13

get this sucker going again. I refuse to let it die! I'll do my new and improved family portrait later tonight. much like axle, my family portrait has really changed, and there have been some great new (tax deductible) additions!

Liz

get this sucker going again. I refuse to let it die! I'll do my new and improved family portrait later tonight. much like axle, my family portrait has really changed, and there have been some great new (tax deductible) additions!
    Awesome! Thanks for dredging up this wonderful thread. This is a fun thread. Yes, we've probably all seen a few changes in our camera family portrait. Mine certainly have.

Liz

May the force be with you Canuck935's Avatar

I must have missed this thread. I'm glad it was resurrected. Soooooooo many Canon families. Well, from a quick browse through the thread I can't say I saw any Minolta/Konica-Minolta/Sony families. So here's mine..

Minolta Maxxum 7 (film) with Minolta 50mm f/1.4
    Sony a100 with Dicain VG-1 vertical grip withSony 18-70mm f/3.5-5.6
    Tamron SP 24-135mm f/3.5-5.6
    Konica-Minolta 28-75mm f/2.8
    Minolta 70-210mm f/4
    Minolta 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6
    Sony 11-18mm f/4.5-5.6
    Quantaray flash
    Sony 56 flash

Not pictured is about a gazillion accessories (filters, cable releases, tripods, bags, etc.)

Also below is my fathers Nikkormat FT2 with NIkkor 50mm f/2. I have all the original paperwork and warranty card for it. Not in the picture is a Makinon 28mm f/2.8 that has sticky aperture, Makinon 135mm f/2.8 and a Seimar 2x teleconverter.

my constantly expanding family portrait...

only SLR bodies and lenses. I need to fill out my Wide-Mid range of lenses.

lots of accessories not pictured, but you can see my sig for the rest of those.

also missing is my pentax MF camera.

Oh livin'! Your bad boy is GORGEOUS!! :::::::::drool:::::::::::
    It's not blurry. It's bokeh.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 24-105mm EF f/4L IS
    Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 15mm F/2.8 EF Fisheye Lens
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite
    Canon 580EX Speedlite
    Canon EOS Rebel 300D

WOW!! If I had a piece of glass like that big fellow I'd be showing it off too. Very nice Brent! I'm going to have to do another family portrait too. I looked back at what I posted and realized that I've added a couple more bodies and at least two lenses since that picture. Yes families do just keep growing I've also added four grandsons since that picture.

Nikon Samurai #13

We've had a couple additions to our family lately and realized it was time to straighten up all of our gear. This thread came to mind while I had most of it out and thought I would resurrect it with a pic of our family's family The AF Nikon lenses don't get used anymore since selling the D50, just haven't gotten around to selling them yet. The Rebel 2000 and Canon G2 (used to take this pic) are Carla's and the Olympus Stylus is Skyla's. Not shown are tripods, filters (Cokin A's and P's, UV filters, Polarizers, various color filters, etc.), flashes, etc. Damn, I have a case of GAS :blush2: I blame Ebay...LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Camera Family Portrait-gear-family-portrait.jpg  
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr
    Please do not edit my photos, thank you.

Can I play?
    -Bruce
    This was the collection a few years back.

My first digital. This one shot the above group.

I don't always use OEM lenses.

Just a couple from my Pentax collection.

Yashica too?

One of my old favorites.

A little K mount PR0N.

GEEZE! How can I leave the venerable old MX out? :blush2:
    -Bruce

Great additions to an old post. You have inspired me to do another camera family portrait. There have been some addition to our family too.

Nikon Samurai #13

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information