Canon Digital Rebel with attached sigma 28-105 f/4-5.6
    Sigma 70-200 f/2.8

Backup: Canon Rebel xs n 35mm
    Sigma 70-300 f4-5.6
    Canon 35-80 f3.5-5.6

All are sitting on top of my pelican case

Not pictured:
    Canon FT (circa 1966) w/ 50mm f/1.8
    200mm f/3.5 (both are breach mount lenses)

grr, I want that sigma 70-200. I'm saving up for one now, but all these expenses keep jumping out at me, so I have almost nothing.
  • 03-02-2005, 11:01 AM
    1 Attachment(s)
    Re: Camera Family Portrait
    There is only 1 camera in my family.

M4 + 35 summicron ASPH.
  • 03-21-2005, 05:51 PM
    Axle
    1 Attachment(s)
    Well since I last posted there's been some addtions and subtractions from the family. Plus I didn't have a shot of all of them! So here we are, and updated one!

1 - Agfa, make unknown. This camera belonged to my mom's father, and then to my uncle, finally to my mom, and was her first camera. We still have photos taken with it in albums at home. I've never used it. It can take both landscape and portrait oriented shots.

2 - Minolta Hi-Matic 7s, my first camera, bought it at a garage sale for $5.00, I now use it as a loaner to people who want to try out with a manual focus camera. It's automatic, but you can set aperature and shutter speed manually.

3. Blacks Crestline C-60, the flash actually came with another camera, but since I don't use that camera, the Hi-Matic uses it.

4. Zenit-B, This russian camera is another garage sale buy, and acutally belonged to a member of my church before coming to me, through another person first. This was orignally purchased in East Germany.

5. Vivitar 85mm-205mm tele-zoom, I use this lens more than my fixed length telephoto, it's an MC mount lens I purchased it for $55.00 canadian off E-bay.

6. Solingor 200mm telephoto, fondly refered to as the 'stalker lens' it's one of the lens that I got when I purchased my SRT-102. I have a Skylight and a UV Haze filter for this lens

7. Minolta AutoPac 460T, this pocket camera has again never seen field use since the battery door is broken. I bought it to get an answer for a church car ralley. I can still buy film for it!

8. Kodak Brownie Hawkeye Flash, bought at, yes a garage sale for a mere $0.30, out of a box, it's in rather good condition, and is one of the older cameras in the collection, next to the Agfa of course.

9. Vivitar 2800 flash, when the plastic mount on my old Hanimex TZ-1 flash broke, this was the flash I got to replace it. It's really good, easy to use and set, and comes with various filters for the lens mount, I mainly keep a wide angle difuser on.

10. Minolta SRT-102, my current camera, this 1973 camera is an all manual SLR it took me awhile to figure it out, but I was able to get it working in great order. It takes great pictures. Attached to it is a 50mm lens, with a cokin A series filter system attached. for the Cokin I have a star filter. Also for this lens in normal threaded filters I have a SL-1A Polorizor, ND 0.3 and an 81A.

11. Minolta Riva 90 Zoom Date, It's your regular 35mm point and shoot with zoom lens camera. I still use this for snap shots, but I can still get good results. The lens is a 38mm-80mm zoom.

12. Ritoch Elnica 35M, another garage sale buy where I was mainly after the flash (the black's crestline) more than the camera. It's in great condition, except for the fact that the batteries are dead and hard to come buy. It's a fully automatic range finder camera, with manual focus and a 40mm lens

Missing from this photo since it was the camera taking the picture is an HP Photosmart 320, I use this mainly for quick work on websites and just fast snapshots at small events where I don't have film in another camera.

I also use Adobe Photoshop 7.0 and an HP ScanJet 3500 scanner to put photos on the Internet.
  • 03-21-2005, 07:31 PM
    Ryguyinlj
    Quote:

Originally Posted by livin4lax09
    grr, I want that sigma 70-200. I'm saving up for one now, but all these expenses keep jumping out at me, so I have almost nothing.

I actually got mine second hand from a photographer I know. It had been dropped and there was a small scratch on the lens and the zoom ring is a tad sticky on one end but it is still sharp and works fine for now. *knocks on wood*

If you don't need that extra f stop take a look at the canon 70-200 f/4. A few fellow skim photographers shoot with it and love it. It's just as sharp as my sigma, maybe even a tad sharper.

-Ryon
  • 03-22-2005, 06:20 PM
    livin4lax09
    yeah the extra f stop is the reason I'm looking into it.
  • 04-17-2005, 05:44 AM
    mjs1973
    1 Attachment(s)
    Here is the newest member of my family. Just arived from the stork, aka, B&H. :)
  • 12-22-2005, 09:59 AM
    livin4lax09
    keep it alive! new members, new family portraits!

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/2...007copy1jc.jpg
  • 12-22-2005, 10:41 AM
    masdog
  • 12-22-2005, 11:21 AM
    Old Timer
    Boy how did you guys dig this post up? I started this nearly a year ago. I thought it had died a natural death by now. Nice families by the way. I aways enjoy seeing others equipment. I need to update mine I've added another Nikon body and a lens since I took that pictures.
  • 11-28-2006, 08:19 PM
    livin4lax09
    let's get this going again! I love this thread!

http://content.imagesocket.com/image...3a_copy039.jpg

A: canon 1d
    B: canon 70-200mm f/2.8
    C: canon 430ex
    D: Tamron 19-35mm
    E: canon 50mm f/1.8
    F: extra battery
    G: Canon rebel ti
    H: sigma 1.4x TC
    I: radio slaves
    J: mini tripod
    K: cable release
    L: flashcards (3x512, 1x1gb)
    M: bogen tripod
    N: big crappy tripod
    O: one lightstand
    P: comfortable gloves for cold weather games!
    Q: macbook w/ 2.0 ghz, 1gb RAM
    R: and last but not least, what every sports shooter needs. a 30gb video ipod.

oh and of course this was taken with my point and shoot. aka an lg vx8300 cell phone.
  • 11-29-2006, 07:55 AM
    Old Timer
    Quote:

let's get this going again! I love this thread!

Boy your really went digging to get this one didn't you. I started this thread nearly two years ago. I realize that there are a lot of PR posters now that were not around back then. I'd like to see their camera family portraits as well. I also after going back and looking at my original post realize that my family of cameras has grown in the last couple of years too. It's time for another family reunion. I'll have to see if I can get everyone together for a reunion shot. Thanks for reviving this forgotten thread Brent.

And come on every one lets see your camera family.
  • 11-29-2006, 09:21 AM
    mtbbrian
    Soon, I will have to submit another camera family portrait...
    There are changes about with my camera gear...
    Brian
    :thumbsup:
  • 11-29-2006, 11:49 AM
    Axle
    Yeah, I'll have to gather the family to do a new portrait. I found my last post in this one, wow, I mean, wow has my camera family changed.

The SRT-102 and Hi-Matic 7s have both gone on to new homes, the Riva has passed on also. And I've had several additions. The Ranger Ensign II, the Pentax ME Super, the X-7A and it's kit, the Nikon F80, and the Panasonic Lumix FZ7, the laptop, two tripods, and the most recent is a monopod.

Photos to follow
  • 11-29-2006, 03:12 PM
    SmartWombat
    I'm still trying to find my old Zenit-EM and the 135mm prime and extension tube set and flashes that I used to use when I was a teenager.
  • 11-29-2006, 07:38 PM
    Old Timer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SmartWombat
    I'm still trying to find my old Zenit-EM and the 135mm prime and extension tube set and flashes that I used to use when I was a teenager.

I had my first SLR stolen in December of 1971. It was a Pentax H1a. I found one on E Bay about a year ago and bought it. My camera cabinet feels complete again.
  • 07-17-2007, 05:18 PM
    livin4lax09
    get this sucker going again. I refuse to let it die! I'll do my new and improved family portrait later tonight. much like axle, my family portrait has really changed, and there have been some great new (tax deductible) additions!
  • 07-17-2007, 05:47 PM
    Liz
    Quote:

get this sucker going again. I refuse to let it die! I'll do my new and improved family portrait later tonight. much like axle, my family portrait has really changed, and there have been some great new (tax deductible) additions!

Awesome! Thanks for dredging up this wonderful thread. This is a fun thread. Yes, we've probably all seen a few changes in our camera family portrait. Mine certainly have.

Liz
  • 07-17-2007, 06:23 PM
    Canuck935
    I must have missed this thread. I'm glad it was resurrected. Soooooooo many Canon families. Well, from a quick browse through the thread I can't say I saw any Minolta/Konica-Minolta/Sony families. So here's mine..

Minolta Maxxum 7 (film) with Minolta 50mm f/1.4
    Sony a100 with Dicain VG-1 vertical grip withSony 18-70mm f/3.5-5.6
    Tamron SP 24-135mm f/3.5-5.6
    Konica-Minolta 28-75mm f/2.8
    Minolta 70-210mm f/4
    Minolta 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6
    Sony 11-18mm f/4.5-5.6
    Quantaray flash
    Sony 56 flash

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...Camera/Fam.jpg

Not pictured is about a gazillion accessories (filters, cable releases, tripods, bags, etc.)

Also below is my fathers Nikkormat FT2 with NIkkor 50mm f/2. I have all the original paperwork and warranty card for it. Not in the picture is a Makinon 28mm f/2.8 that has sticky aperture, Makinon 135mm f/2.8 and a Seimar 2x teleconverter.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...-R1-033-15.jpg
  • 07-17-2007, 07:09 PM
    livin4lax09
    my constantly expanding family portrait...

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1106/...15b6975e_o.jpg
    only SLR bodies and lenses. I need to fill out my Wide-Mid range of lenses.

lots of accessories not pictured, but you can see my sig for the rest of those.

also missing is my pentax MF camera.
  • 07-17-2007, 08:15 PM
    JETA
    Oh livin'! Your bad boy is GORGEOUS!! :::::::::drool:::::::::::
  • 07-18-2007, 05:37 AM
    Old Timer
    WOW!! If I had a piece of glass like that big fellow I'd be showing it off too. Very nice Brent! I'm going to have to do another family portrait too. I looked back at what I posted and realized that I've added a couple more bodies and at least two lenses since that picture. Yes families do just keep growing I've also added four grandsons since that picture.
  • 01-07-2008, 08:29 PM
    Xia_Ke
    1 Attachment(s)
    We've had a couple additions to our family lately and realized it was time to straighten up all of our gear. This thread came to mind while I had most of it out and thought I would resurrect it with a pic of our family's family :D The AF Nikon lenses don't get used anymore since selling the D50, just haven't gotten around to selling them yet. The Rebel 2000 and Canon G2 (used to take this pic) are Carla's and the Olympus Stylus is Skyla's. Not shown are tripods, filters (Cokin A's and P's, UV filters, Polarizers, various color filters, etc.), flashes, etc. Damn, I have a case of GAS :blush2: I blame Ebay...LOL
  • 01-07-2008, 09:26 PM
    Ballen Photo
    Can I play? :D
    -Bruce
    This was the collection a few years back.
    http://www.fototime.com/D8C22A459C60141/standard.jpg
    My first digital. This one shot the above group.
    http://www.fototime.com/511CC7279FC8F99/standard.jpg
    I don't always use OEM lenses.
    http://www.fototime.com/35D3307E6F41828/standard.jpg
    Just a couple from my Pentax collection.
    http://www.fototime.com/ACE0948E66031C1/standard.jpg
    Yashica too?
    http://www.fototime.com/BE6DAC7832748B4/standard.jpg
    One of my old favorites.
    http://www.fototime.com/BF28741EAFDDE67/standard.jpg
    A little K mount PR0N.
    http://www.fototime.com/902EBBEB7FC6265/standard.jpg
  • 01-07-2008, 09:34 PM
    Ballen Photo
    GEEZE! How can I leave the venerable old MX out? :blush2:
    -Bruce
    http://www.fototime.com/D04EEEC6635FD7E/standard.jpg
  • 01-08-2008, 05:29 AM
    Old Timer
    Great additions to an old post. You have inspired me to do another camera family portrait. There have been some addition to our family too.