ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Love + Music + Photography = Life CLKunst's Avatar

Talking Re: Camera around the world

I want to be involved in this, please count me in! What a great way to connect the community! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out and make this happen.
    C.L. Kunst - CLicKs Photography
    Asheville Photographer
    www.clicksphotography.net

Re: Camera around the world

While I can appreciate why addresses should not be posted, surely at the very least the country/state/city needs to be known simply in order to work out a route?

Do they still sell those little troll characters? They were very small and would make an ideal "gnome" to accompany the camera

Mike

I think a Google map of locations is in order for this project. We need a map to show where the camera has been.

PhotographyREVIEW.com will take care of procuring a camera.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

You da man PJ!!!
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Make yourself a dang quesadilla! OBie's Avatar

What if everyone was to take at least one picture of something very common as a part of their time with the camera. Thinking very basic here - such as a tree, or an animal, or their kitchen table?

Love the troll idea.

And no putting your children in the package to go to the next person - I think that ought to be a rule as well.
    OBie. Not Obi-Wan, just OBie.

I like the troll idea too. But I still like exchanging an item idea too. We are getting a lot of good ideas. So I think this will work out fine. We need to hear from someone from the land down under, where are you guys???
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

i think if there is going to be an object to travel with the camera .. that object should be included in every picture taken with the camera ... makes the person that has it think of where to put this "object"

I also agree that a list needs to be made of who - country - state - city to work up a route for the camera to travel
    Ben

Bodies: Nikon D300 - Nikon D50

Lenses: Nikkor 50mm f1.8 D - Tamron 17mm - 50mm F2.8 - Nikon 70mm - 200mm F2.8 VR - Nikon 1.7 Teleconverter

Lighting: Nikon SB600 speedlight - AlienBees (2) B400's - Polaris Flash Meter

Stabalization: Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod - Manfrotto 3265 joystick head

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1973
    I don't see why we can't do both and send two things, as long as the objects we are sending are small.

One as a gift for the person receiving the camera, and one to be included in a photo and to be sent to the next person.
    I agree, I wish the object that stays with the camera had some relation to the PR web site. What about Seb's "Make it funky guy".LOL If you like him I will look for one just like it. Maybe take a picture of the "Make it funky guy" at a famous landmark at each stop...
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Count me in
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Quote Originally Posted by SmartWombat
    Count me in
    Count me in as well! I want to mail it to Jurgen in Austrailia!
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

Is everybody ok with Rufus Griffin being the item that stays in the box and travels the globe?
    Greg

http://www.toynk.com/catalog/family_...in_4101923.htm

Sony a99/a7R

I'd be up for it but I'm a little far away over here in the land of the rising sun. If someone was willing to post it then I'd do it.

We'll get it to you if you will just send it on, passing it all over the world is what it's all about...
    Greg

Sony a99/a7R

This sounds like fun. I just did something similar for my grandson....we sent Flat Stanley around. Any picture that was taken had to include Flat Stanley in it. Then we shipped him off to the next person. Maybe we could use a PRsymbol or something, and sign the back of it for tracking. Then ship camera and whatever off to the next person. Just my thought.

When my kids were in 2nd grade, they read a story about Flat Stanley. Flat Stanley had a horrible accident one day when a bulletin board fell on him at school. He was squashed flat. His parents decided to take advantage of his 'flatness' and mailed him all around the world to see things (since he fit into an envelope very easily).

So the students (real ones - my kids) all made Flat Stanleys and had an assignment to mail their Flat Stanley to someone far away and have that person document Flat Stanley's adventures, and then mail him back home. There would be up a map in the hallway with pins showing where all of the Flat Stanleys had been, complete with photos that the recipients had usually taken. It was always fun, and the people who received Flat Stanley for a visit loved it.

This project can be MY Flat Stanley (or Rufus, sort of).

Haha Toot - I wrote mine as yours was posted. Didn't see yours until after. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by OBie
    When my kids were in 2nd grade, they read a story about Flat Stanley. Flat Stanley had a horrible accident one day when a bulletin board fell on him at school. He was squashed flat. His parents decided to take advantage of his 'flatness' and mailed him all around the world to see things (since he fit into an envelope very easily).

So the students (real ones - my kids) all made Flat Stanleys and had an assignment to mail their Flat Stanley to someone far away and have that person document Flat Stanley's adventures, and then mail him back home. There would be up a map in the hallway with pins showing where all of the Flat Stanleys had been, complete with photos that the recipients had usually taken. It was always fun, and the people who received Flat Stanley for a visit loved it.

This project can be MY Flat Stanley (or Rufus, sort of).

Haha Toot - I wrote mine as yours was posted. Didn't see yours until after. LOL.
    Thanks for sharing that. That's to funny. I have never heard of Flat Stanley. Maybe a poll is in order to pick a character. We just need a couple more. This is getting fun....
    Greg

Sony a99/a7R

LOL...OBie - photophorous got us both. It was mentioned earlier, but I was so excited that didn't read all of the posts.

Pentax Forum Moderator

I have one more suggestion. I think we need to keep a list of who has already received the camera. The person who gets the camera adds his/her/it's name to the list before it is mailed on. This would help eliminate someone getting the camera 4 or 5 times and would assist in getting to the most people and places. The map idea is great, but an actual list would probably be more advantageous when trying to determine who has already gotten it.
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

I'd love to participate also.

Maybe we could send one person our addresses and let him/her work the route out and pm/email everyone there designated recipient.

And I love the idea of a Flat Stanley/Troll to put in the photos.
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Sports photo junkie jorgemonkey's Avatar

Like PhotoJohn mentioned, we could do a map of where the camera has been. I did a map for all the people on MTBR to see where all the riders were from. Here is that map, and we could do one for the camera
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Nikon 35mm F1.8, 35 F2, 50mm F1.8, 70-200 F2.8 VR
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

Neat idea !
    I'm up for it - just keep us posted with the details. :thumbsup:
    Randy, Gear - 3 in the green, with a T2i and some lenses !

Here's an example of Flat Stanley - at the Olympics!

http://flatstanley.enoreo.on.ca/imag...s/olympics.htm

But I can't find a Flat Stanley doll anywhere?????
    Greg

Sony a99/a7R

This ia a pictures of the Flat Stanley I used, but it doesn't have to be a Flat Stanley - just something of interest. My (early morning) suggestion would be to animate a generic camera on a tripod with blazing wheels on it....just my 2cents.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Count me in , Greg. Cool idea. I agree with the idea about sending the person in front of you your address and so on. Also, maybe we could include a small memo pad that each participant could sign or write their name in and maybe a brief decription or thought to go along.. If we specify an exact number of shots that each participant must take, then we will also know which images belong to whom.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information